Hooking up with a total stranger... need some advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Typhoon, Mar 24, 2015.

1. AKTodd

I agree with imnotreallysure and robclem21. As long as you keep a level head, follow your gut if it's warning you to not go through with it or get the hell out and bring your own condoms, etc. etc. you should be fine.

Are there risks in such activities? Yes. Are there risks with any kind of relationship or interaction with another human being? Yes. Are there risks with engaging in almost any type of activity? Yes. At the end of the day you have to decide what risks you are willing to take and how to manage those you are willing to take.

Now, that all said, his revelation that he would be cheating on his partner does not sit well with me. While I can understand and sympathize with someone being closeted and yet desperately wanting to follow their nature...this bothers me. Also, from the sound of it, it is also bothering you. For that reason, I would suggest that you possibly rethink this hookup, at least with this guy. Plenty of single guys in the sea, as it were. And you want to look back on a hookup with positive feelings, not negative ones. If you think that this latest wrinkle is a bridge to far, or is going to have you feeling bad about it later...I'd reconsider.

My 2c worth,

Todd

#21 AKTodd, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a hookup, so there's going to be some risk involved no matter what. The best you can do is minimize your risk by taking some precautions:

1. Meet in a public place
    2. Let a friend know where you are going/who you are meeting
    3. Ask if the person has been tested
    4. Insist on using condoms
    5. Don't have anonymous sex with anyone who seems mentally unstable or who uses drugs. Look out for keywords such as "party and play" (PnP) and "poppers"
    6. Avoid those who prefer bareback sex or who play safe "sometimes"

:lol: That's the spirit.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should not feel guilty at all. It's his business and his decision as to how he is Managing his relationships. Your just a means to his end for him. Just like he is nothing more than a means to your end. All the risks involved in hooking up are, to use a phrase, "part of doing business". As others have said, use good judgement and be reasonable, and you should be fine. Safety is a priority; his personal issues are not.

4. lostluvrr

lostluvrr Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    dude rub one out..or get to kno him go get tested together than jizz away but dint risk gettin an std fuk that..that shitsforever