1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiya all!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SyIveon, Jan 4, 2023.

1. SyIveon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! They call me Sylveon, Sy1veon or HealerSylveon, wichever you prefer. I've used all of these before, and you may recognize some, but that's pretty unlikley :wink:

I'm a school aged trans girl, though only my close friends defenently know about the last two, and maybe some more attentive gossipers. I'm a self proclaimed bookworm, math nerd and, if I do say so myself, a darn good writer of fantasy short stories.

I can play violen, viola and trombone, and some, well, terrible-would-put-that-kindly piano player.
    Obviously, my favourite pokémon is Sylveon, though I've never played a single pokémon game. I also, just for fun, am the only known person to have beaten a so-called "impossible" player-made challenge in the kids math game prodigy, but I most definently spend more time in books then on screens.

I hope this is a good enough get to know you.

-Sylveon

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sylveon.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary! I'm a bookworm too! My problem is that I often have two or even three books that I'm reading at the same time! I love fantasy a'la "Lord of The Rings", Sci Fi...I read the "Foundation Trilogy" when I was in third grade and ancient history...especially anything about Egypt!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. SyIveon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank's for the information! Though I can definently recognize that the main body of text is something you use quite a bit, is that correct?

-Sy1veon

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sylveon.....Yes it is. I have made it a kind of labor of love of mine to greet every new Empty Closets member. I keep a close watch on the "Welcome Lounge" for members who make their first posts there and I also watch the "New Posts" area for new members who haven't made their first post in the WL but their first post will show up in the NP area. Then I send the message that I have put together over quite a while to greet them and also give them some directions as to how EC works. I also try to personalize the post if I can with something that relates to what they may have said in their first post. Sometimes there isn't enough information to make much of a personalization...I just do my best. The reason I do all of this has to do with my first post...as I mentioned in the post that I send. My first post here on EC was a desperate cry for help. The night I made that post I was on the very edge of taking my own life. I could not go on any longer pretending to be straight and I also felt that I could not come out. The wonderful people here on EC helped me that night and I have made it my job to do my best to greet everyone who is a new member like I was. Sometimes you can't tell how desperate someone is and I want to be there for someone who might be in a similar place as I was. So even though I do use most of that post each time I greet someone, it is completely from my heart and is intended to make the new member feel welcome. I do hope that it made you feel welcome...and I do love books!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Sylveon welcome

6. SyIveon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello.

7. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love Sylveon pokemon too !

8. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When did you know you were trans and what are your pronouns ?