1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hinting At Sexual Orientation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IndiaB, Sep 6, 2017.

1. IndiaB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm questioning if I'm Bi or not. I've never dated anyone, but I've had crushes on both girls and guys. I have figured out as much as I can without dating someone. I could get a boyfriend, but I'd like to try a girlfriend if I find someone I like. The problem is, since I'm questioning, I don't want to come out to anyone and have to take it back. So how do I get a girlfriend if no one knows I like girls? I think I'd like to try hinting at my orientation. So far all I've come up with is a rainbow or bi flag colored bracelet. Any suggestions? Is there anyway I could hint to my parents as well?

#1 IndiaB, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. dreamingfreely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Maybe bring up LGBT friendly topics and see how the person reacts. I like the idea of the rainbow bracelet, my daughter wears several. I think that can be one way of making yourself known. I have noticed that straight people don't seem to notice the bracelets but LGBT people do. My daughter is hopeful that her dad will see her bracelets and ask her about them so she can come out to him but so far he only sees what he wants. Wish I had more to tell you but hopefully someone else can offer more advice.

3. Loves books

I talked about the L word and wanting to watch it, I talked about lesbian books and movies making sure it was obvious, I said I wanted to go to a lesbian bar, I mentioned animals that have same sex pairings, I talked about girls I thought were cute and I always talked about gay rights. I did this for months and my mother was still beyond shocked I was gay. Some people just can't take a hint.

4. JustLisa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I relate lol

Tho the look on my face whenever my family asked me 'so when will you get a bf?' gave enough away for my dad to have his suspicions before I came out to him

I dunno but indeed talking about lgbt topics would give away something and if you would be talking to a person you are interested in and that person is gay or bi as well then that person would likely tell you.

#4 JustLisa, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017