Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by weird4life, Jun 15, 2017.

1. weird4life

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi. I've been questioning my sexuality on and off for years now and I am ready to admit that I am by no means straight. I don't know what to do. I really feel deep down I'm a lesbian, but I've had emotional feelings for guys. I just don't find men sexually appealing. I don't know I feel like they look like lobsters or hairy bricks. Idk to be honest I've only had sex with a girl. I just don't know that I want to have sex with a boy. I feel like I could fall in love with anyone, but sex? That's a different story. I guess I like the idea of being submissive in a relationship, so I assumed I was straight. But I don't look at men the way my straight friends do. Not at all. In fact my whole school thought I was a lesbian when I was only 11. Maybe they were right! Fuck me. Lol. I don't know. I'm 17 now and I just want to live my life. If someone could tell me how they knew they were gay or bi, I'd love to hear.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey iWelcme to EC. It's complicated figuring out your sexuality. I didn't work mine out until I was in my mid 20's. I know it's easy to say but the more you can try and not over think it and just go with the flow the easier it is. Labels are not really important but our brains like them so if you want to label it go with whatever feels right.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello weird4life! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

Understanding and accepting your sexuality is really about recognizing your romantic and sexual attractions. Only you can ever actually know your own sexuality. As silverhalo indicated, the important thing is to understand and accept your own sexuality. Don't try to 'force' yourself to fit into pre-determined labels or categories.

4. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo and I understand. Labels are a mess and sometimes whenever I discover something I never heard of, I'll be like wait could that be me? lol I wish you luck on finding out what your sexuality is and also just remember it's also perfectly fine to not label yourself if you don't want to! ^3^