Hi... :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Papagei, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Papagei

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So.. wow, can't believe I'm doing this. X)

Hello! My name is Brittney, and I have only recently accepted myself as being bisexual. Really.. I should have known a long time ago. The signs have been there. Way back in middle school I had a crush on my 8th grade history teacher. Then another teacher crush in college with my Calculus professor. I even went to tutoring sessions just so I could spend more time around her. But, somehow, I had still considered myself straight. XD Though, I believe it was that point I started to question in a little bit, but chalked it up to the 'sliding scale of sexuality' and that hardly anyone is 100% straight.

Anyway... fast forward a little while and it was my second to last semester in college when I got a huge crush on a classmate in my German class. I mean.. I really, really liked her. At that point, I was sure of it... I wasn't straight. That was when I decided to come out to the only person that I have so far, which was my close friend that happens to be gay. She was the only person I thought would understand at such a confusing time for me (and she said she had even been suspecting it for like a year, lol. funny how some people know before you do). I even went back on it a few days after I came out, saying that I'm pretty sure I'm straight after all... but that didn't last. :wink: Just more denial. After a week or so I came out to her again, this time with certainty. This was about a year ago and she has helped me grow SO much. It's helped having someone to discuss these things with and talk about girls with. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But now.. I think I really need a community. I'm starting to think about coming out to my family, but something is still holding me back. I think I need to come out to more people so I don't feel that I'm living such a secret life. It just seems so heavy right now. How do you tell someone something like this? Change their whole idea about who you are as a person? Then again.. maybe they already know, too, haha. And I'm very, very lucky to have a family that I know will be supportive. They are all incredibly accepting and for the rights of the LGBT community. So.. really, not sure why I'm nervous about it. I know they'll be there for me.

Sorry, I'm rambling. X) Kinda nervous. :wink:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, and I am so glad that this place is here for those in need of support!

Brittney

2. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC! Also I have only recently finally discovered that I was bi sexual. I kind of thought I was gay whenever I looked at a hot boy and the thought suddenly flashed through my head and automatically had a crush.I thought I was gay until I discovered I had the same reaction for girls.So I am bi and recently discovered.I first started having these feelings when I first found out what love is lol! After all those years I an finally know that I am bisexual and I honestly love it and I have embraced it.

Well welcome again and enjoy yourself!

3. Papagei

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! :grin: That's really awesome that you've discovered who you really are. A lot sooner than I did. :wink: I hope that I get to the point one day of totally embracing it. Still feels a little wild to me at the moment, haha. It's still very new. Well.. me having accepted it is new, anyways. Now that I've started embracing it, my feelings continue to develop in ways I guess I was suppressing before. Still getting used to it all. X)

Thank you again! :slight_smile: I'm sure I will!

#3 Papagei, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: we're a friendly and helpful bunch here so you've definitely joined the right support forum!

5. Papagei

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you! :slight_smile: It looks like an awesome place from what I've seen so far.

6. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello & welcome :slight_smile: hope you like it here~

7. mrs mister

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm probably late but hello! And welcome! C=