1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, my name is Kai

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by KaiOfBees, Oct 23, 2020.

1. KaiOfBees

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm twenty years old and I live with my girlfriend. I've been struggling with my identity for about three years now, and I'm continuing to learn about myself.

It didn't take much for me to realize I was an asexual lesbian in the beginning. I never questioned that. But I continued to struggle with my sense of identity. Eventually I admitted to myself that I was bi, and that I may be non-binary or even genderfluid. Meeting my girlfriend, who is also trans, gave me the extra push I needed at just the right time for me to recognize that it's okay to identify as a man. That was some months ago. At this point I feel I'm an asexual, biromantic, nonbinary male.

I've just moved away from my family to live with my girlfriend in another state. The distance has given me the courage to think about stepping out of the closet finally. Coming to this state, in the middle of a pandemic no less, has given me a clean slate. We've been holed up in the apartment ever since I got here. When we finally get back into the world- her world, and now mine- I want to finally live as myself.

I'm hoping to come out publicly on social media in a way that those who know my partner's story will understand what I'm getting at, but so there's room for me to take it slow and fill in my family on the details later, when I feel more ready to handle that part. Any advice on how to write such a post would be welcome. I'd also like to hear tips on how to approach a family member (in an unsupportive family) I suspect might be part of the community, without making them feel pressured to come out, and keeping in mind that I may very well be wrong.

I look forward to meeting you all and becoming a part of this community.

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

I would recommend taking a look at the Coming Out Advice sub forum, where you could have a look for posts that you relate to or even start your own thread.

I hope that you find the support you’re looking at EC and best wishes on your journey.

3. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations on not just being in pandemic, but thriving. It can be difficult to grapple with day to day let alone this threat. Go you!!!
    Again, congratulations for someone so young...you really know yourself! There are people my age who struggle with that! Did I mention go you!!!
    I have no doubt at some point you will be in a position to help others—your clarity and self awareness are amazing. But.....none of that helps with the next step. So, now what? See above for great first step. Read, lurk, linger.
    I am here in a support role. I have no great words of wisdom. But, if you want to practice on what to say, vent about your day, anything!, I am here.
    You come across as “adult” as any of us. Keep it up. Keep us posted.
    ((momhugs))