1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone and thanks!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Becksie, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Becksie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone
    I've been lurking and reading for a while now, I guess I should introduce myself. Im a 40 year old woman living in Ireland. I was in a heterosexual relationship for 12 years, ended it 5 years ago...because it just wasn't working for me anymore.

Finally, after about 4 years I began to feel normal again after the relationship end, which took a lot out of me. About a year ago I had a moment of total clarity... I am gay. It was like I had been hiding something from myself for the whole of my life, and suddenly it was clear. I had had crushes on female teachers when I was young, but as a child brought up in a strict catholic environment I barely knew what homosexuality was by the time I was leaving school, never mind personally know a gay person. The more I think back on my life, the more giant signposts I can see now, that were totally pointing towards my sexual orientation.....
    I am out to a sister and two friends. . Through meetups I have met a bunch of great ladies and am easing into my new self. This site has been a great help, particularly this later in life forum- thanks everyone!!!:icon_bigg

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

3. campervankid

Hi. Welcome to EC!!! :slight_smile:

4. Oregontinker

Welcome to EC. Glad you found yourself and are doing something about it.