1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! Bi guy hoping to fit in here.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Batman1991, May 14, 2017.

1. Batman1991

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Well first of all, most people here are atheists and even the christian ones don't go to church or say grace or anything like that, so there's basically no "It's a sin and you're going to hell!"-kind of stuff. Most haters are either teenagers or other stupid, immature people ("it's gross") or skinheads, or people who bring the bad aspects of their religions into the country.

I'm very masculine (people are always shocked when I tell them I'm bisexual and initially think I'm joking, stupid I know), big and intimidating looking, so I've pretty much never been beaten, mocked or threatened because of my sexuality.

The closest I've come to anything bad is last summer when a friend of mine and me were having a picnic in the park. A guy (complete stranger) approached us and started talking to us for a very long time which annoyed the hell out of me cause my friend lives very far away from me and I only see him once or twice a year. After a while he started asking if we had girlfriends and talking about God and what not. We both got the feeling he was trying to find out if we were a couple and there was just something very off and threatening about him. It really made me mad and I felt sick.

2. Oniisan011701

Hmm... I understand what you mean and honestly you have no idea how lucky you are to be in Sweden with such relaxed attitudes towards sexual orientation, wanna trade places? haha

3. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Batman! I'm new here as well. I am also bisexual so feel free to chat. Welcome to EC!

4. polecat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Batman1991 welcome to EC you will find a ton of great people here to talk about all the gay stuff you want to :slight_smile: . I know you will find a bunch of great new friends

5. jdrhys

Welcome! I'm new here too, and bi. Well, to be more accurate, I'm pansexual. I hope you and I both make some good friends here. I know for sure that so far the community has been very accepting of me, and I'm impressed with the kindness with which people are treated. The people here, of all ages, tend to be intelligent and supportive. I think this is an excellent community for you and me both! Best wishes as you open up here.

And Sweden...oh, I'd love to visit! And I'm feeling acute embarrassment at how our "President" is coming across in the world. Are we a laughing stock in Sweden? :bang:

6. Batman1991

I suppose. I'm not interested in politics so I'm not sure, but from what I gather from friends and facebook: Yeah, sort of. If you ever do come to visit I recommend you do it in the summer. You'll freeze or butt off in the winter, especially since you're from New Mexico. :slight_smile:

7. jdrhys

Actually, I grew up in the midwest and don't mind the cold. Aren't there tons of tourists in the summer? And I live in the mountains, where it often gets below zero during the winter.

#27 jdrhys, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  9. Batman1991

I think most tourists go to the bigger cities. All right, then you can visit no matter the season. :slight_smile:

#29 Batman1991, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  10. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  11. Devin28

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey batman. My name is Devin and I just joined EC. I feel like we have a lot of similar interests and experiences. I would be really interested in getting to know you. Message me if you wanna talk.