1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey gamers: quick question.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 101DeadRoses, Apr 11, 2014.

1. 101DeadRoses

It's just on paper as of yet, but thanks for the recommendation! And I'll probably still put in the switching between views so that people can have at least a bit more control in that way.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A variety of vehicles would be totally awesome, but I have to question the usefulness of this one against anything less than a densely-packed horde. Considering that only shots to the head or high on the spine would put a zombie out of action*, a machine gun (mounted on a truck no less) would be a lot of light and noise for minimal zombie-killing power. The bullets would be better used elsewhere, but if you've got a ball-ton of ammo and no other options, I guess it would work.

*you could eventually tear them to shreds with something like an M240 or minigun, but ammo doesn't grow on trees lol.

/segue into zombie tactics XD. OP, you say you want the lines of the characters to change? That likely means that you will have to make about ten times the amount of dialogue content and only show a little bit of it for each playthrough, and that's for ten fresh playthroughs. After that you will still see repeats. Much more work than it's worth, because I don't think procedurally-generated dialogue, even in text form, is a thing just yet. Come to think of it, if you get it to the actual building stage, let me know if you want some models or textures. I'd love to sharpen my artistic teeth on making random objects for an apocalypse hehe. :grin:

#22 Argentwing, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  3. ThePhoenix

Something along the lines of GTA multiplayer meets zombie apocalypse. So it must have some form of multiplayer with an intriguing single player maybe like I am alive or something similar to that but with a group.

4. Wells

Wells Guest

Definitely a great idea.... I always like 3rd better. Being able to switch between them would be good. And maybe switch between the characters for different purposes maybe

5. XTREMEZish

I suggest the Unity 3D engine for game making. It is free and works really well. Start off small though and work your way up to a game like this. WATCH LOTS OF TUTORIAL. Also try the website www.armedunity.com | unity 3D Hope this helps

6. Utterlyconfused

People keep mentioning a gritty take but why not go the other way, I wanna mow down hordes of zombies with a gun that shoots FREAKING RAINBOWS, bad jokes, a cameo by a "celebrity" and really really odd plotline

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

They already have something like that. It's called State of Decay, and it plays like Grand Theft Auto, only with a massive zombie apocalypse. You can recruit people online to join your crusade, be it to go out and hunt zombies, or to barricade a facility and hold out.

As for suggestions for this potential game project. I have always wanted to see World War I trench warfare level for a zombie game. It makes sense, considering how similar a zombie swarm is to a mass of soldiers, in terms of massive movement and coming down upon the trenches. Seeing zombies trigger landmines and exploding, as well as tripping into barb-wire, is too much to pass up. Also, maybe an Alamo level, where you have to hold off while the walls crumble all around you.