1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, anyone on hrt but still has doubts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sguyc, Jun 16, 2014.

1. sguyc

I used to post more here. I started hrt in January. I know for some that gives tthem the confidence to never look back. For me it hasnt exactly alleviated my concern that I am taking the wrong path for myself, Just wondering if anyone else is in my position. But others are welcome to aaddress me as well.

2. jesseve

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there!

I've just started hormones a week ago. My biggest concern would be whether hormones will be successful in feminising me. Hence, my doubts are aimed at whether I will be able to truly match my physical appearance with my inner self. It's a big concern, and I really hope the hormones will work, so that I won't have to live my whole life as a guy.

3. MermaiidLadii92

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only problem with HRT for me is I used to love taking my hormones but out of nowhere I started to dread it. But turning around is not an option I give myself. If you have any doubts I think you really need to consider this harder before you go any farther.

4. sguyc

Just dealing with a lot of anxiety lately. My breasts have gotten large but i feel bad about my stocky frame and some of my facialf ffeatures. I feel kind of ugly :/

5. Alyssa'sTooCute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    5 months on HRT is quite a while you are most likely infertile by now.
    There are some drugs endo's can prescribe that shred muscle like its nobody's business.
    Talk to your doctor and let him know how you're feeling.
    They can certainly help you.
    You may need to add Test blockers or up dosages you never know.
    Anxiety is always there with me but its not so much about me looking back its more like. I hate my body and I want this process to move on faster!!!!

6. sguyc

I might not have felt so bad about my body before as i thought. Its hard to know for sure. im ok with being sterile and i did actually stock some sperm just in case. I just wish i looked better. I don't really know if i can be a manish woman or like looking like theses just somethingoff about me.. I was like really attractive as a guy and maybe those feelings are like worth more than whatevee feelingsi get being an uunattractive girl who is trans. I am kind of sad my boobs grew faster than my face. I jealousof those really skinny trans girls whose vbreasts are so small their main gender marker remains their face.

7. KayJay

Hormones don't really end up changing your face as much compared to the rest of your body. If they do it would likely take a few years to really notice though. I wish my breasts were bigger though, still a year or so to go to get to my max potential size I think at least.

8. Alyssa'sTooCute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I said next time you see you're doctor tell him how you feel
    Trust me there are drugs that shred muscle right off you
    5 months is is quite a while but not too long you definitely still have time to transition and make changes.
    If worse comes to absolute worse there is face feminization surgery but I would use that as a last resort.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2014 at 08:00 PM ----------

They certainly do but it does vary person to person.

9. sguyc

I would definitely get ffs if i end up living ft as a women. I think its really effective. I am just not sure its worth it anymore.

10. KayJay

Oh it does for sure, just very very subtlety. It can't change the bone structure of your face so expecting to see drastic changes isn't realistic.

11. Alyssa'sTooCute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't change bonestructure that is correct but the redistribution of fat may change how your face looks!
    Dont let FFS hold you back from being who you are!
    if thats what you feel is needed to be happy then do it!!!
    but you're only 5 months into HRT I'd wait until at least the one year mark and also talk to your doctor!!!!
    Bone structure is debatable I've seen some trans girls look totally different in a matter of a year or even 6 months look on youtube. Lots of inspirational stories there!
    Dont let money stop you. if its what you really want you'll find a way! To make what you want happen!

12. sguyc

Look i can i make transition happen but maybe the final outcome just isn't what id picture my life to be or my feelings to be, regardless of wether i pass or not.

13. Alyssa'sTooCute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there is a will there is a way girl!
    Trust me!
    You gotta do you.
    Take care of yourself!
    If after say a year you still cant stand it do FFS.
    start saving money!
    Who knows I might even need FFS but I've always had a girly figure so i'm hoping thats one less surgery I have to go through.
    I've been through a lot ER visits blood tests you name it and im still trucking along.
    I'm not really worried about the outcome because I know no matter what I will make the out come I want possible.