1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's the plan

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mandarof, Dec 5, 2010.

1. starfish

Well I'm going to pick this ball up and run it right down the middle.

I see a recurring theme in your posts. You are seeking external validation of you being gay.

Taking a boy home and them going gaga over him and the relationship is not going to give you what you are looking. You have to you yourself. I am gay and there is nothing wrong with that. Until you do that any relationship you enter into is doomed to failure.

You have it in your head that there is some sort of standard for being gay. There is not. So you can stop trying to prove that you are gay. We are who we are. Anyone who doesn't accept you for that is not worth your time. That includes everyone, us, family, friends, exes, random people on the street, everyone.

2. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would agree except to hell with everyone else. This is something that I have waited my whole life for and I'm in my 20s so I've waited longer than I think most people do. Many secretly have relationships and flings, which I really never did. I don't question what you're saying but I think that's an addition to my own fierce desire to be who I am.

3. starfish

So force fitting a relationship to impress your family is who you are?

4. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agh! You're all right this isn't as simple and easy as I seem to have thought it was. Let's drop the topic.

5. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot express how amazing this process has been going for me. Not only did I move from never-happening to acceptance in no time (36 hours of solid thinking/reading/viewing), but I have compiled about 12 hours of stunning video to show family and friends. Prayers for Bobby will be running continuously at home if I have anything to say about it. The people around me could not be more supportive. And getting them out of the way but having some time before going home has proved extremely helpful too. Oh yea, and I met someone but am taking the relationship VERY slowly and he is looking for the same. I can tell he really cares about me and we still are a day or two away from our first date.

I still have a little uncertainty for telling some people. However, as time goes on and I read/watch more and more materials (probably at the 20th watch for Prayers for Bobby) I become more and more ecstatic, thrilled, blessed and desperately want to do this. What a flip of my world but I could not be happier. Something about every moment in this process has been revolutionary and momentous for me.

The worst part is as if I didn't have enough trouble concentrating on my regular life requirements--and now additional waves of feelings and emotions are flooding my breached levees. I am even content about how long I waited to do this. Every day that goes by I become less worried about telling people. I have never felt such a positive light shone on myself nor have I even scraped the surface of the positive opportunities slowly creeping into my life.

There are plenty of drawbacks, but I'll get through them. Things such as getting 1-6 hours of sleep each night, being way behind on every chore possible, and having trouble getting work done as quickly as I usually can all detract from the positive. Now is a time where I wish I could throw money at my life and have a clone of me to handle the regular stuff while I take each and every day to do nothing but think and enjoy peace. I'm on top of the world and I only conquered the tip of the ice berg. Maybe next I'll leap to Mars.

Prayers for Bobby pushed me way over the top and I am beside myself for having found it and watched it at the most perfect possible moment ever. I am thinking about ordering 5-12 copies to have stacked up at some parties I'll be at--although I'd much prefer watching it with everyone together and am worried people would be to shy or just not care enough to take them. Of course I think everyone involved deserves the utmost respect and admiration for their work.

Thank you to everyone on the forum that has offered advice and suggestions! The combination of all these support networks and resources has manifested to create a super being, incapable of being destroyed. More to come...!!