1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helpless...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Free Yourself, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Free Yourself

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so this month, on the 29th, is my girlfriend's 1 year since her grandma past away. She was really close with her gramma so lately she's been more depressed than usual, which I expected. Well she's starting to self harm (which she said she used to do when she was younger) I don't know how to help her. I feel like I can't, like there's nothing I can say or do to make it better. I've lost a lot of people that were extremely close and I remember thinking 'i wish everyone would just leave me alone' but I can't just sit by and let her keep doing these things. It breaks my heart to see her like this! I just.. Ugh I'd do anything! I've been trying to give her encouragement and tell her how much I love her. It doesn't seem to be helping! What do you do when someone you love doesnt want to love themselves? :icon_sad:

2. DegrassiLover10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ask them to get help, or at least talk about their problems. Most of the time they will say no or at least pretend like they aren't interested. I assume she's doing this because of her grandma? If she is wait till a little time has passed after the time of her death. If she's still self harming then it might be for another reason. I'm not sure if that helped at all but good luck to you and your girlfriend. :slight_smile: