1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jen1369, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Jen1369

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you do when you've given the last 3 1/2 years consistently and a total of 8 years off and on of your life to a person and they all of a sudden leave you? Anyone got any tips on how to move on I would greatly appreciate them. I'm a person who needs answers in life so getting left out of the blue with no explanation is even harder for me.

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry to hear you are dealing with a breakup after long term relationship.. Hang in there, take one day at a time. There may be ups and downs but ultimately a journey to better times, for sure, no doubt.
    This happens indeed.. No math on lengh of time you invested should prevent you from having bright, productive life and move on to better relationships and personal happiness.

3. mlansing

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you :disappointed_relieved: Sadly, we sometimes don't get explanations for the pain someone has inflicted on us, which does make it harder to heal. Understand though that closure is not something someone else can give us but something we have to give ourselves.

Write a letter to this person getting all your feelings out, but don't send it. Instead, bury it with other items that remind you of the person in a mock funeral. During this time, allow yourself to grieve, allow yourself to rage, allow yourself to own up to where you may have went wrong or where you regret not doing things you should have. Let yourself feel all of it, and then try to let it rest and stay buried where you buried the letter so that you can move on with life.

I had someone leave my life because he told me he loved me but out of fear I didn't say it back even though I loved him more than life itself. When I held a mock funeral for him I simply wrote on a slip of paper "dear (his name), I love you. Your, (my name)." It was the best I could do, and gave me the closure to know that even if I never said those words to him, I still said them at some point, somewhere.

Wishing you all the best during this difficult time <3

#3 mlansing, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Jen1369 likes this.