1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Destiel, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Destiel

Just a few hours ago my mom kicked me out. My parents are divorced so I was able to escape to my dad's house but... yeah. My mom's side of the family are the only ones who know I'm queer.

what happened was I needed a new bra and I'd been asking my mom for months and she wasn't helping with the money. I can't use cheap bras so I have to cash out like one hundred dollars so I've been trying to work some extra stuff to get the money, but my mom refused to help and kept telling me to put it off. So, after four months of not having a proper bra I asked my dad for some cash and he gave me some, I got my bra, it should have been all find and dandy. It wasn't.

My mom blew up, screamed at me, insulted me, said if I could afford sex toys - she had gone through my room and found one my friend had boughten me for my birthday(she goes through my room a lot) - that I could afford a bra. She insulted me for not having a job - remind you I've been job hunting for literally months and can't get a job because my town is extremely small so its very hard for a high schooler to find a job.

She was mad at me for asking my dad for money, and when I told her mine was old and broken - it was three years old and I had outgrown it months before - and I told her my boobs looked weird and hurt she got mad at me. She told me she's had the same bra for just as long, mind you she's a fully grown woman who's tits dont grow like a adolescent teenagers. I told her people will comment and be rude if you're bra doesn't fit right and they see you spilling. Then she told me, "oh your so scared people will make fun of you for that? Well you have more to be worried about people making fun of you for than just that."

Ouch.

But I'm not done yet.

"Since you parade around as Queen of the f*** Queer's people will make fun of you for being a faggot."

Ouch.

She then proceeded to tell me I was ungrateful and kick me out over a phone call in the Dairy Queen parking lot. All because she was having a shitty day and quote for quote "You just pushed me over the f** edge. You're the reason for this, not me."

My slightly younger sister is outraged and promised me she'll talk some sense into my mom and I'll be moving back in within the week. The thing is... why should I? Why should I go back to a home that obviously doesn't want me, that takes their anger out on me mentally, and obviously continuously makes fun of my sexuality? Why should I move into a house were my mom has no problem throwing me out because she can't deal with her problems? She hasn't been the same to me since I came out, and hasn't been the same towards me once she realized I was my own person years ago and didn't fit to her standards.

I"m so upset and dont know what to do. Please, please help.

2. forbiddenlove12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't say anything to help, but I would agree with you. Don't go back to that house if it's an unhealthy environment. If it's bad enough, you may want to consider contacting the authorities to get your sister out as well. And biggest hugs sister :slight_smile:

3. Quen

I'm sorry your mother is acting like... well, a brat (to put it "nicely"). Her behavior is not your fault. She should not have blamed you for getting something you needed from your father or insulted you in any way. It speaks more about her own insecurities than anything else, I think. Since you implied that she has exhibited controlling behaviors before, I think it's probably for the best (and best for your safety) if you continue staying with your father. You'll probably be much happier when you don't have to deal with your mother's childish behavior on a regular basis.

4. BisexualCap

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Holy Shiz thats a lot. I really sorry you're mum's acting like a... word. I definitely agree with these other people that you should stay at your dad's place. If you can't buy a freakin bra without your mom going on a rampage, I can imagine a hundred other scenarios that could go just as badly or worse. The fact that she goes through your stuff is enough for blood to boil but blaming you for her asinine freak out cuts the cake. I wish you luck mate.

5. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What would your father do if he found out you were queer? It sounds like your mother is unstable and I could easily see her blabing to your dad.

6. Destiel

I think she might end up outing me to my dad tbh.. its kind of terrifying really. I'm not sure if he'd be okay or not and I'm scared she'll tell him

7. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

oh cute person in the pink hat... :wink: cute picture.

You are right, an adolescent has different bra requirements than a grown woman. That would have been like my father saying, you don't need a new pair of pants, I've had the same one for 3 years, when I was 14 or so, and grew 11 inches taller in a year.

your mom is taking out her frustrations and anger with your dad on you (my take on it anyway.) That's not fair to you, or your sister. I would certainly stay where it is safest.

You might start thinking about talking with your dad about yourself. Or at least figure out what you would say if your mom outs you.