1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HELP] Would really appreciate some insight!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 55123, Oct 27, 2014.

1. 55123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello! I'm a 17 year old student doing some research on LGBT Relationships. Specifically I'm studying how loved ones have reacted to sons/daughters coming out of the closet. I have been curious about this topic for a really long time and now have gotten the chance to do actual insight on it! I would love some personal experiences that you beautiful individuals have had when telling loved ones about your feelings. I am not meaning to offend anybody in any way, I'm doing this solely out of curiosity. Thank you very much to every body who chooses to help me out, I greatly appreciate it.

2. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

My experience of coming out was great since my family are very understanding... oh wait, I'm not out, and my family are not very understanding... :grin:

(You an also pick up on other peoples experiences here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-stories/)

#2 Mangaholic, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wish I could help, but I'm still closeted. If you try searching the coming out forum, you might find what you're looking for xx

4. Ryujin

I recently came out about my orientation so the experience is still quite fresh in my head.

When I came out to my parents, my dad's reaction was semi-okay but he seemed quite discontented and kept asking me if I was sure etc.
    My mum freaked out and went out for a bit, sent be text messages, not being able to accept it, acting as if her behaviour (being quite hurtful to me) was acceptable. She was crying, didn't know what to do and neither did I. She didn't seem to understand how I could know at my age, nor would she accept that I did.

I stayed up all night talking to my friends on EC who helped me deal with it.

I'm expecting coming out as genderfluid to be worse.

5. 55123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight