1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help choosing a name?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Blaine1999, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Blaine1999

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi guys I'm looking at changing my name.

Right now I'm switching between Parker or Charlie and I can't pick my last name is Scott btw in case that helps.

What name should I go for?

2. Hanyauku

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Name hunting is exciting! Even though it's only online, I love love love being called by my chosen name. It just feels so right, like it's been my name all along. And that's how your name should make you feel. "Hey, Parker! How was your day?". "Charlie, could you run to the store for me?" Which one feels better? For a long time, I thought I wanted to be called Emily, but when people on EC actually started calling me that, I didn't like it. It just didn't feel natural. I hunted a little for for names, then came across Olivia. I knew the moment I saw it that it was the name for me. So, see what it feels like to be referred to by the names you're considering. That seemed to help me the most. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

3. And it exploded

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Charlie Scott" sounds pretty badass. You could make one of the names your new middle name.

4. Mr Medusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally think Parker fits best and is more unique, but ultimately it's your choice, so here are some things to consider:

Like the other commenters said, how does it feel to be addressed as that name?
    Think of possible nicknames you could get and whether you'd be fine with those. If you go with Parker, would you be fine with being called Park?
    Do you think the name suits your personality?
    How easy will it be for other people to get used to calling you by that name?

idk just some thoughts

5. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could try practicing introducing yourself and seeing which one feels right. That's what i did. But i'm also completely closeted so i have nobody to practice with.

6. Mr Medusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe there's this website called Pronoun Dressup or something like that where you can put in your name and pronouns and then it switches characters in texts to that name and pronoun, so you can see how others would refer to you and whether that would fit.

AlexJames likes this.
  7. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of the two I would go with Parker.
    I changed my middle name which I hated to my favourite musician's name and added my boyfriend's middle name and I now love my name as it absolutely fits me.

8. OtterGrump

Just my personal opinions here. I'm not a fan of Charlie or Parker. However Parker is getting more common for females too. I've heard of more females than males at this point. Then again Charlie is getting more common as a nickname for females too. I dunno. Sorry this came off as kind of mean but just what I think of them. I really don't mean to be rude.

9. Elliot Kim

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe parker would do. Or maybe you should keep your name if it's gender-neutral, like mine. No need to adapt to a new name.