1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Germany!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Saskia96, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone!
    My chosen name is Saskia and i'm a closeted transwoman from germany.

I started to realise my assigned gender doesn't fit around in secondary school, i didn't know that transgender is a thing then.
    I'm not out to anyone at the moment, because many people around me (including close family, friends and coworkers) always joke about trans*-people, especially transwomen or say straight up transphobic shit.

I signed on here because pretending to be someone else publicly over the yeats did send me on a downward spiral into negative thoughts. I hope i can find some advice on here to get better.

As for hobbyies or interests, im into music (i play guitar, bass and a little bit drums) and my main genres are punk/metal. I also like cars (especially old Subaru Imprezas) and video gaming.

I am a introverted person who gets socially anxious and thus I don't spend much time talking to people, which results in me having poor social skills. I still hope we can have some nice conversations :slight_smile:

2. Keller

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and welcome!

There’s plenty of good company and helpful people to be found here - and no one will judge you for being yourself.

Can certainly relate to being tired of those s..ty jokes, though :sweat_smile:

3. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the welcome!
    I'm still trying to get some words together and overcome myself to write about things, but i'm looking forward to helpful conversations etc.

4. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello and welcome from Canada. It's so nice to meet you. :maple_leaf:

If you ever want to discuss heavy metal bands, feel free to chat with me any time. My favorite band is Disturbed, but I love a lot of other ones like AC/DC, RUSH, Metallica, and Evanescence. I'm starting to listen to more of The HU, and I'm trying to get into Industrial metal, although mainstream heavy metal is more my thing.

You're going to meet a lot of wonderful people here. I've only been a member for a few months and I love Empty Closets. Everyone that I've talked to are really sweet, kind, understanding, and ultra welcoming. You will feel at home here.

5. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello and thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

I don't really have a favourite band (i think, on of the strongest contenders is Rage Against The Machine) and the ones i lisen to regularly chane from time to time. Lately i listened to RATM, SOAD, Electric Callboy and My Chemical Romance a lot, but currently i listen to more punk than metal like The Descendents, The Distillers, Misfits and G.L.O.S.S.

6. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm fussy about what I listen to, to be honest. I've heard of most of the ones you've listed but not all of them, and I haven't really listened to any of them.

I have no talent for music myself but I appreciate others' talents for it. :slight_smile:

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Saskia.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! Empty Closets is all about making connections and giving LGBT folks a voice when they otherwise don't have one in their day-to-day lives. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Gender Identity and Expression”, there are people there who may have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.
    I'm sure that you have watched trans youtubers...but just in case, here are some favorites of mine that you might like: MtF: Victoria Rose, Riley J. Dennis, Renna Williams, Robin jaspers, Gigi Gorgeous. I'm a musician also...I play guitar and other instruments as I was a high school music teacher for 41 years! :old_rolleyes: I think you will find people here who really will understand the difficult things that you face.

Some info on how to navigate EC:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

8. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for the welcome! I will be glad if i even reach 10 posts :grin: Even short replays as this one take way longer for me than they should. It's hard for me to find a way to say the things i want so say and its even harder for me to talk about personal things.
    But I'm here to change that and already did a "real" post, so i hope I am on a good way :slight_smile:

9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Saskia.....As I said in the welcome post Empty Closets is a place where you can share, ask questions, vent, etc. whatever you need to do! :old_smile: I'm sure you will become comfortable with us and be able to join in the discussions! There are numerous subforums that you can check out and I think you will find one or two that have conversation/threads that will interest you...just give it some time! We are glad that you have found us and remember...you are a part of our LGBTQ Family and we do care about you!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

10. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi welcome to EC