1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you guy seen the video "How not to react when your child tells you that he's gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Intoxicating, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Intoxicating

Intoxicating Guest

2. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: Have you guy seen the video "How not to react when your child tells you that he's

I just watched this video earlier this afternoon. I saw it on Facebook. It absolutely repulses me as well. The thing that gets me is that at the beginning of the video the woman says that she has known that Daniel is gay since he was very young...however, she then forces her opinion that it is not a choice. How could Daniel at such a young age make such a big decision. Being the christian family they are, rather claim to be, Daniel probably didn't even know what being gay was. I know I wasn't told until middle school. The woman basically disproved her own theory of homosexuality being a choice. What this family did to that boy is just so maddening. They are giving Christians everywhere a bad reputation. My family surely wasn't like this. My heart goes out to this young man...I hope he finds a real family because he surely wasn't raised in one.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Have you guy seen the video "How not to react when your child tells you that he's

Not trying to defend this women, but he escalated the situation a little bit it seems. I agree thought that if she knew he was gay from when he was a little boy, how is he not born that way?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Yes and it broke my heart:tears:

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

See, the thing about people like Daniel's mom is that they know. She know's he's gay, it's been obvious to her like she said, since he was little. But to them, he's making a choice - he's choosing to admit he's gay, and live a gay lifestyle. People like Daniel's mom would rather their child suffer in denial than choose to "be" gay by acting on their natural desires and feelings. From their perspective, they can accept that gay people exist, but they don't want to offer support when their kids come out because that would be "condoning" the fact that they "chose" to be gay - to them, the desires might be natural for gay people, but the "choice" to act on them is unholy.

And isn't that just sad, twisted, backwards, and wrong?

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

This is basically how my parents are, but they haven't cut me off financially.

7. sugarcubeigloo

^ I agree with this.

I think what is portrayed is awful and no one should go through that.

However, I'm hesitating to react to this considering the convenient gofundme page attached. I guess I must be cynical. :confused:

8. CongoColorado

The words the woman spewed were so stupid my IQ score dropped by 100 points. She's so delusional, "I trust the word of God.", "You've made a choice.", "You need to move out.", "If that's the way you choose it, that's fine.", "You're full of shit!", "You know you weren't born that way!" The woman needs to be put in jail for assault. At least the kid is now gone with her yapping.

9. Yosia

It was horrible! I nearly cried. >.<

10. ouji

ouji Guest

Absolutely horrible parents. The guy, Daniel, would be better off without them. The mother in the video reminds me a lot of my grandma :/

11. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Me too....

I keep thinking we are making progress, and then I see something like this.

12. Dev

Dev

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Sounds so familiar lol

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I hate those two parents I just freaking hate them for what they did to their son

14. Ryujin

Due to the camera angle I was actually scared that something would happen, and I leapt out of my skin when she attacked. Not a good scare like in a horror movie, a bad one that immediately made me angry, furious at the stupid idiot attacking someone for who they are. He should have called the police.

15. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This was so sad.. :frowning2: And the comment section shows that some even agree with that lady. How can you agree with the things she says..? That's making me so sad, bleh.

16. Nikky DoUrden

Thing is those people are SO delusional they put their stupid notions before their love to their kids.
    They are very sorry and toxic people and better stay away from them, so in a way its good hes not living there anymore .. some might say better sooner than later

17. xplodingpassion

i saw it the other day, and it's so sad, i can't believe there's people that would react that way

18. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

This is so awful. I would be angry too if I had those ignorant bigots of a family, he was not "escalating the situation" nor in the wrong. No one should be disowned for being LGBT+ and to get defensive is only natural. And the comment section is even worse. Filled with hateful people spewing homophobic slurs, saying that God doesn't create faggots, and that we have full control over who we love. It's so disgusting. I'm glad I don't know her because I don't know if I could control myself from attacking her.

#18 Tai, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  19. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Some people are just no damn good. 'nuff said.

20. pikachulovable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Teacher showed it to me in class the other day. Quite sad and the ignorance in it.. oh my.