1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simba29, Jun 14, 2013.

1. biggayguy

Sure, they're a great Christian if you can overlook the judgmental bigotry part. I'm sure they are very nice to people that conform to what they believe.

2. chrisV

no, but i've seen it happen to other people. i am expecting to get that from people when i come out to my family. really though, i don't care what other people think. i used to get made fun of a lot, and i learned at a young age, that if you don't like that person, why do you care what they think. if they are a total asshole, then their input shouldn't even matter to you. christianity is supposed to be about forgivnes, and love. if they are stupid enough to use christianity to slander, and hate people, then they obviously are too stupid for thrir opinion to really mean anything.

but don't stereotype all christians. while i don't really know where i stand as far as religion goes, i do know that not all christians are gay bashing fuck-tards. my parents always used to take me to a presbyterian church. i used to think that it was just another one of the many protestant churches, but as i got older i learned a bit more. when i found out i was gay, i was in the middle of the confirmation process. i realized that i might not want to confirm to a community that will kick me out if they find out i'm gay. i really didn't know what to do. until i started going to church and paying attention to the sermons. while i don't really believe in creationism, or really most of what the bible says, i really enjoyed listening to the pastor speak. i realized that not all christians were as homophobic is i once thought. he tied the teachings of jesus into why we should have gun control, and other things that made it quite obvious he was REALLY liberal. i learned more about him from one of the gay members of the church (i guess presbyterians don't mind gay people). it turns out the presbyterian church was planning to allow gay pastors. apparently my pastor was a huge supporter of allowing it. it turns out he (and pretty much most presbyterians) don't really have a problem with gay people, and actually welcome them (some denominations won't allow them). gay pastors are now allowed in the presbyterian church.

i know this is a long, boring post, but i'm basically trying to say don't let bible bashing bigots walk all over you. they mean nothing. but don't stereotype, because that makes you no better than the people who stereotype us.

#22 chrisV, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  3. Stray

Yeah, I'm Christian and gay, and my church accepts gays and even blesses gay unions (ELCA Lutheran). Don't get me wrong, I've had many conversations with Christians who would "love me, just not lifestyle choice...", but we're not all like that; i.e., we're not all raging hypocrites.

4. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

People say these kinds of things around me very regularly, but I'm not out, so it's not directed at me specifically

5. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

Mom and dad. The logic and reason doesn't seem to bother them. Ehhh...:rolle:

6. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sort of. I wasn't out at the time (and I'm still not out now), but my homophobic uncle said some things to me about gays: He said they're "a bunch of perverts" and "sick bastards." I knew I was gay at the time and the whole time I was thinking "I wonder how he'd react if I told him I was gay..." I suspect that I will end up telling him at some point and I'm expecting his reaction to be...entertaining.

But luckily no one else in my family thinks this way. In fact, because I wasn't the only person present when he said those things, everyone else in my family kind of rallied against him.

7. EverythingWeBecome

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get it often.Not directly to my face but as a hint.You know when the gay subject comes up they just scream "gays are awful!they should all die!Those pervert people should rott in hell for their sinds". Sometimes they say other things directly to me to insult my gay nature.

You know being the only gay child( I ain't out but my appearence gives me out) in a whole school(maybe even town) makes it hard.They say those things and then just look at me and laugh at my face.Feels like you just wanna die right there,unable to move or speak.But then it's all over and I let go.
    It's so common for me that if no one makes fun of me one day I get suspicious. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Amerigo

not to my face, but stated quite clear (family members) how they disapprove of homosexuality (words were much harsher)