1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever done drag?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sokk, Aug 25, 2014.

1. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope.

The idea of me doing that sort of thing scares me.

2. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No interest in dressing myself up, I but have seen professional shows ranging from terrible to fantastic.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do a charity run every year that has to be done in heels. Most people complete the look by dressing in drag or a costume. But I dress in a pro sports team uniform (and heels) every year. Partially because I like nudging things in unexpected directions, and partially because I just can't fathom I'd look anything but ridiculous in drag. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. AlamoCity

I haven't and I doubt I'd ever do it. I sort of consider it unbecoming for me to do drag.

5. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

One of these days I'll get around to it

6. ThePrideInside4

Well, I secretly crossdress when my family isn't around. That's about the same thing, right? :laugh: :lol:

I've always loved seeing drag queens on T.V. and stuff. Like RuPaul's Drag U. :newcolor: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sister would put me in dresses when we were little kids. Other than that, no. I don't find it appealing

8. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Twice... extremely tragic (but a lot of fun) both times. The first time was for a formal work function. My partner at the time was working overseas and I had a discussion with my best lesbian, who was a colleague about our annual award ball. Neither of us wanted to attend. Then we decided to both do drag she wore a tux and I wore a long black dress. I think between us we managed to traumatise a few people. After my partner saw the photos he "banned" me from ever doing drag again.

Earlier this year, the bear community in Auckland had our annual Bear New Zealand week. One of the highlights is our drag race along the local gay/red light area, this is followed by 'Bear Drag Divas' where selected victims/volunteers get made up by professional dragsters and then put on a lip synch performance. Longest five minutes of my life ( most of the audience probably felt the same, LOL). I think it's safe to say that my alter ego, Fanny Lennox, will not be performing again. Certainly neither as lovely, nor as talented, as Conchita Wurst.

#28 Gaysibling, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done it three times--all on Halloween so I'm not sure it really counts. The first time my mother helped me--before I had even come out. It was for a masquerade ball and I went as a geisha--the robes, the makeup, big bouffant wig with picks and flowers, big starched bow on the back with little bells hanging from it. I'm 6'4" and rather muscular--it was quite a look. Then one year back in my clubbing days I did Olivia Newton John in the black outfit from the end of Grease. It was such a hit that the following year my group of friends all went as different incarnations of Olivia Newton John. That year I got the white dress from Xanadu. I was fabulous, even if I do say so myself.:lol: