1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has your sexual orientation ever made you cry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jose Carioca, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have but only because I can't tell my mom the one part of me I want to tell her. It's putting me through hell frankly...

2. werekid

no one is normal every one is different

3. alusernamesgone

i remember when i told me best friend that i was bi.. i can be a coward sometimes,,(i told her by text) it was a spare of the moment thing,

after i sent it i was soooo nervous for what her reply would be,,i had never cried about my sexual orietation before and i dont cry often ...but when my best friend sent me a txt back saying she didnt even care and that she loved me no matter what....i just burst into tears, it was such a relief and shes still the best friend i ever had :slight_smile:

4. Gumtree

Ummm no I don't think so.

5. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Yes when i first began to realise i was gay i cried my eyes out cause honestly i didn't wanna be gay (i knew it wasn't a chocie btw) but now im out loud and proud as they say :grin:

6. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    No I haven't cried over me being bisexual
    I remeber though I kept denying it almost all the time saying no way Im not intrested in girls thats totally gross and things like that but when I finally admitted it to myself and came out to my friends they were really supportive and if I hadnt had admitted to myself that I was bi I wouldnt be dating the most amazingest girl that I am now

7. Bacon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nop for sexuality

Im sentimental for being single and never get people interested but well Im ok .

8. RaeofLite

That was one of my main fears. That and the fact that I might have no friends, be lonely the rest of my life, and also what people would think of me. (Bad to have that expectation... ><)

But I've not cried because of what someone said to me. It's made me sad that people are homophobic, but I haven't cried, other than coming out and family being negative at first.

9. mattyrusso

10. Just Adam

constatnly...whenever alone...that might just be life though.

11. FlagGeek

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I first found out I was gay, I cried myself to sleep every night. Until I came to my senses and realised that being gay wasn't so bad at all and now I'm proud of it. There were also a few occasions where I cried because I'd had a huge crush on my straight friends.

12. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well, i've never been upset solely because of the fact that I'm bi, but what other people have said about me or done behind my back because of the fact that they can't cope with my sexuality has made me cry.

13. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Yes in some ways. The fact that if certain people found out, I would be even more lonely and unwanted than I feel just now! Yet I'm coming to realise that to hell with what they think and such. I am me and they should live with that. If they cant then forget about them. Seems to be working so far. :grin:

14. x2x2x2x2y2

So much. The funny thing about it though is that I NEVER had a problem accepting it. Like I wasn't raised thinking gay people r bad so, I knew it was normal. Once I had found out I was gay(I was like 11 or 12) I was just like "ok" and never tried to change it. I always find that funny. Now that I wanna tell people it's harder though.

15. pianomike

That's about the same for answer for me

16. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

From being rejected, yes.

17. Tim

Tim

Yes, but that's probably due to the fact I was raised by very religious parents, my dad was a minister before he passed away, and my mom is one now.

I had to go to church 2-3 days a week, where I was taught that being gay was an abomination.

So yes, I did. I don't anymore though, well, I do, but not directly because of it, more indirect reasons :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back in middle school, at a bonfire, I had a run-in with my sexuality that in retrospect makes much more sense if I'm gay. The discussion somehow came to me being asked if I liked one of the girls there. These people are not jerks, this was basically, as afar as I can tell, framed more as a "hey, he doesn't seem to have the self-esteem to ask someone out" friendly thing. All good intentions. Well, I ended up loosing it and going on top of the sea-cliff to talk with the girl out of ear shot. She is a close friend of mine, and I poured tears describing how I felt detached, lonely, like some machine programmed to just go through the motions of the typical boy nerd. How I felt as though I liked her, and seemed to become emotionally attached to just about every girl I hung out with, but that there was something...missing. Something was in the way. I had assumed the barrier was fear of messing things up or failing or hurting the other person, but it turns out it was just a hot dude in jeans who says he loves my garlic and mushroom Alfredo and smells of chai spice.

So yes, it has made me cry.

P.S. Wow, that reads like innuendo. It isn't, I really do make awesome Alfredo.

19. LivingInLyric

Just thinking about how I can never be with a certain girl makes me cry...and the fact that it will probably make my mom and dad upset if I ever come out to them.

----------

You're just like me! (*hug*)

20. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I have.

I don't think I ever cried about actually BEING gay, at least not that I can remember. It just took me an extremely long time to finally be like "okay, I'm just kidding myself here. I'm definately not straight, I'm really not attracted to women at all so I'm not bi either, like I've been trying to convince myself of. I'm just flat-out gay." No tears, I just came to the realization very quietly. It only took me eight years.

The tears came later. Then it began to sink in that I don't think my family will ever truly accept me. They're very religious, and being gay is of course wrong according to them. I just felt very sad and lonely. And all the books I read on homosexuality just kinda depressed the hell out of me, only because coming out to family members scared the shit out of me. Coming out to friends and beginning to fully embrace and love my gayness helped immeasurably. I finally told my parents I'm gay in January of this year. They said they do not believe that I can be gay, and I should pray it away. I was also told that if I just "decide to just be gay" they'd be disappointed in me. Since I didn't choose to be gay and cannot not be gay, I'm just being set-up for failure in their eyes. That thought makes me cry. I don't want to be viewed as a failure just for being myself.

The thought that I can't really share my whole life with my family without having to hear about how "God doesn't approve" makes me sad as well. I want to share my life, but I feel that I just can't. I honestly don't plan on telling any more family members at all now, if ever. I have a gay cousin, and I remember when his parents outted him to family members (I call this my getting a sneak peek of how they would handle finding out about me.) Their reactions and what they said were pretty terrifying to me. I'm very proud to be gay, and I love myself for being gay, but I couldn't deal with them saying nasty things behind my back, and rejecting me just for being gay. I still don't know what todo, and that makes me sad too.

Anti-gay biggotry gets to me alot of the time too. Prop 8, don't ask don't tell, and hate crimes really get my blood boiling and make me just cry sometimes.

Short answer: yes I do cry over sexual orientation stuff. Sorry about the long post. It feels good to vent a little bit. :slight_smile: