1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone heard of the band G.L.O.S.S.????

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Posthuman666, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Posthuman666

G.L.O.S.S., or Girls Living Outside Society's Shit are a hardcore band from Washington composed solely of transgender women. I was introduced to this band by a fellow trans girl at my local LGBT center. They released an EP earlier this year. I am a big punk fan, and I really enjoy hardcore. Like a lot. That being said, this is one of the best collection of punk songs I have heard in a long time, and certainly captures the emotion of the original scene. The demo lasts about 8 minutes, and is 5 songs long.

Holy shit guys, gals, and nonbinary pals this record is angry. They have a sort of d-beat sound, super loud, very in your face and addresses a lot of the concerns that the trans community faces. Extremely powerful lyrics that any trans person can relate too. I recommend this band to fans of Discharge or any other more almost thrashy types of hardcore. Certainly not a crossover thrash band or a crust punk group, but has a grind to it that Minor Threat and Black Flag don't have. The band is also known for being attacked over social media by the shoegaze band Whirr. Total insensitive bullshit from a generic ass band. That being said, G.L.O.S.S. did not and will not take shit from anyone.

If you have not heard of these girls, like hardcore punk, and or are trans or understand trans issues, I guarantee you will enjoy this.

Here is their bandcamp: https://girlslivingoutsidesocietysshit.bandcamp.com/releases