1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harry potter outfit/cosplay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by found, Mar 1, 2019.

1. found

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i am going to the wizarding world of harry potter in california for my 14th birthday and i want to make my own hogwarts uniform/robes with my house crest (hufflepuff) but i wanted to make it more modern, i was wondering how i could make it look more modern, i was thinking of instead of a robe; a cape so when i go on rides i can take it off and put it on easier, and i would wear a white button up shirt, with a hufflepuff pin on it. i was also thinking i could also just knit a sweater with a yellow "h" on it, i am thinking that because its california though and my birthday is in april, that it may be to hot for a sweater, any thoughts? any suggestions or tips for costume design? i also want to make my own harry potter wand that interactive like the ones you can buy at ollivanders, any ideas on how i could go about doing that, hope to hear from you all. (im a nonbinary dude so more of a androgyns or more masculine outfit is what im leaning towards).

2. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    a white button-up would work and it isnt too hot, so that's definitely something you could do. black pants (like jeans or whatever) would be very hp-like too and you could just tuck the button-up into the pants, and put a black cardi/robe if you have it overtop, and take it off for rides (although you might not need to really). for a wand, i guess you could try to make one yourself, like with a stick or something or by painting something?? i used to do that and it worked ok. for shoes, i think they just wear black shoes but i'm not sure!! and you could just sew a hufflepuff badge on the robe or button-up (i think there's probably lots of places to buy that badge from). anyway good luck with your cosplay!! it sounds like you have a lot of good ideas already

#2 faultyink, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019