1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harry potter movie/last book (SPOILERS FROM POST #53)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sam, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Atom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: harry potter movie/last book

I'm convinced that Voldemort is really a veela and will raise his army of veela against all of the wizarding (straight male and lesbian, at least) community. Or at least that's what all the evidence suggests. Oh yeah, and Hogwarts is a horcrux.

But not really, I'm just really excited. About eight more hours until it comes out, here.

2. Jerr

So... I'm stoked and will be going to the party thing and getting the cds... yes cds! and then for the next (if it is as long as the last or one before) anywhere from 23-28 hours I will be sitting in my recliner rocking and nervously listening and yelling things like "NO DON'T GO IN THE ROOM!!!" ...ok not really but I will be sitting listening and screaming with glee like only a small school girl can... and me.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Less than two hours here. And I reckon the ending will be in tomorrow's newspapers..... :frowning2:

I saw one of the leaked ones on the Internet a few days ago, and that was genuine (the ending was correct). But I'm still not saying what the ending is - and there have been a few leaked versions with different endings.

4. Jerr

If you go to China they have had the last like 5 books out sense the first one came out. lol Only different titles... and different stories... lol

I read about it a long long time ago. They were making fake stories and people were buying them like crazy. lol

5. CelebrityHead

I really hope nobody spoils it for me.. I'm gonna buy my copy in a few days.

6. Sam

Sam

Well here I go I'm going to the mailbox to pick up my harry potter book! which means bye to everybody until I finish it.

7. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My daughter and I lined up at a bookstore for the release. dressed up with cape and wand. she just finished the book, and has been trying to tell me what happens as she reads it, but have to block my ears and wait to read it myself!

harry potter fans in our house.

8. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

OMG!!!

Deathly Hallows is definitely one of the best in the series. The twists are really surprizing and I almost shed a tear once or twice while reading it.

9. Jerr

I lined up like 20th in line which seems far back but the line circled books-a-million and then went back through the center.... after I get there wait a lil bit they announce I'm suppose to be in a different line so I leave lol get like 2nd in line.

It was a really good book... I'm just really effen stoked it is OVER!!!!!!! So happy about that lil fact.

Some things in it pissed me off lol but it is all good because what I wanted was true and so life was wonderful.

10. TeeBe

OMG!!! SNAPE!!! Loved it...except the "Nineteen years later..." Anyone else find the epilogue cheezy?

11. Jerr

You will find out what I'm about to say in the book but it is in no way important to anything.

The lack of job descriptions... I would have liked to know that...

12. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I read, no, I devoured it -and I absolutely LOVED it.

13. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Possible Spoilers DON"T READ if you haven't finished the book or if you don't care.

[EDIT by Paul_UK - made spoiler white]

It saddens me that our time with Harry is officially over. However this was most definitively the best book in the series even though I don't get the point of the Hallows, then seem like a filler and if Tom Riddle aka Voldemort was a descendant of Marvolo Graunt who was a descendant of one of the three brothers, doesn't that make Harry a descendant of Slytherin? Meaning Harry is now more connected to Voldemort.

14. davo-man

Warning, Whited Out Spoilers Below!!!
    to read the spoilers highlight the text that is missing

Pheonix, my response is in white text so if people havent read the book, dont highlight my text

I think the invisible cloak wasnt passed down within the family i think it got passed downn through friends, colleagues etc so Harry Potter is not necessarily a descendant of one of the 3 brothers

As for my response to the book as a whole, i was dissapointed with it...Even though she was killing people off left right and centre, there wasnt enough emotion binding us to them apart from Fred or George, cant remember which one died and Hedwig, though she doesnt count cos shes a bird...and i guess Snape, but by then we had all wanted him to die anyway to make us really care, but maybe that was just me. And i totally agree pheonix the whole Deathly hallows thing felt like a filler and she was making it out to be this huge choice...Hucruxes or Hallows, and its like who cares, we all know good's gunna win anyway...
    Personally i think Rowling should have been more brave in her writing...Get rid of one or two main core characters like Hermione or Ron, or, the one that i personally wanted, McGonagall, cos then people would have been crying...And she DEFINATELY should have killed Harry in the end...That would have brought closure...
    One last thing, i thought the epilogue was unnecesary and confusing...it took me a while to find out who was who's kids and really i still dont see the point...She could have just said right at the end that Hermione ended up kissing Ron, Harry/Ginny etc without introducing all these characters who you are confused cos theyre all named after dead ppl...Oh and couldnt they have given a better send off to Tonks and Lupin It juts says "Bla Bla Bla and Harry saw then dead on the floor"....hmmm okay, couldve warned me a bit....

Oh and one last thing...i actually thought her writing was clumsy for want of a better word...On one page Harrys face is swollen up like a balloon and then suddenly the people in the dungeon can instantly recognise him...But we arent told that anyone cast a speel to change it back, and Hermione would have been the only one that couldve cos shes the only one smart to do it int he first place (apart from Ollivander, but he is injured and prob doesnt have his wand)...and also with the Seven Potters...they all drink the Polyjuice stuff but when they get back at what could have been less forty mintues they have all managed to become themselves again...hmmm personally i think Rowling should have been more careful.

Okay i know my opinion on the book was a bit harsh, but cos it was this big hoopla about it, i kinda wanted it to better than it was...Maybe i was looking for literature in a children's book

(please feel free to rebut my opinion, but just remember that it is just an opinion and that im not paying out anyone who does like the book, just that, in my opinion, it could have been better)

15. TeeBe

SPOILER WARNING

Okay...So what about Hermione not ever having cast a memory charm?? She had modified her parents' memories. And the Griffendor sword? Neville had it at the end, but hadn't Griphook taken it in the vault? There were a few loose ends...

What happened to the Dursleys? What about Hermione's parents? Still curious...

16. SadConfusedBandGeek

1. OMG I am so excited i am getting it sooooon!!!

2. Thank u all of u guys who put ur spoilers in white!:slight_smile: very respectful:slight_smile:

17. Jerr

Only a true gryf's can get the sword... chances are the reply to all that mumbo jumbo would be... the sword will go for those gryf's who are in trouble

I'm stoked snape was a good guy! I really liked him from the point he started being a double agent again. Didn't like him personally being mean to Harry and all that but hey... he probably hurt so bad when he looked at harry... especially when he met his eyes.

The hallows was actually a good part... the choice between horcrux and hallows was the same as choosing to assure your own safety or get rid of Tom faster.

I hated how it didn't say what the hell Harry ended up doing as a job... lol

I'm freaking A happy that McGonagall lived! I liked her! I've ALWAYS liked her... she was strict but she gave off the same persona that I get from the lady from Murder She Wrote... and I like her! so poop on you! lol

I HATED that both Lupin AND Tonks died.... damn right after that effen baby... lol oh well... Hated that one of the twins died... I really liked the twins...

Kinda looking forward to the part where the 6 harrys get undressed to change into robes of the correct size :grin:

What else.... The end note wasn't confusing to me... Albus Severus Potter is a weird name though... (unless it was Albus Snape Potter... which is equally weird) Still happy snape was good!

Moody just went down lol I think that part of the movie could be funny just like getting hit in the face with a brick and flying backwards off the broom... it amused me even if I didn't want him to die.

Mrs. Weasley beat that biatch! I'm soooo happy! I liked her dieing that way! It was funny lol.

I am excited to see the 7th movie... although I'm dreading it... the siege of the castle has the POTENTIAL to be kick ass... if they get the same people who did the LotR RotK movie... omg it could be awesome... but you know they will change things and yadda yadda...

I liked how dumbledore wasn't golden... shows he was human... although I would have loved a play by play description of the duel between him and his friend... that seemed interesting.

I hated how Harry NEVER used the killing curse... that stupid kid! I would have SOO been using it... any excuse... right? lol

I liked the teachers fighting... I'm going to really enjoy seeing that but they will probably :***: it up in the movie...

oh I noticed the movie people made a booboo!!!! They made all the death eaters fly in the 5th movie! But in the book Voldemort flying is suppose to be something extremely weird and scary... now everyone can fly....

The Potter Watch radio thing was freaking funny. lol

I'm glad the dragon got freed from the bank lol

Can't think of more to say.... I probably will but I won't... I don't like typing it I'd rather say it...

18. xxAngelOnFirexx

I just have to say this: I just finished reading the book. And when i read the epilouge i swear J.K. Rowling did not write it! It just doesn't seem her style...

19. Sam

Sam

Spoiler!!!

Ok so I just finished the book! I loved it and I was kind of sad to see the end. I can't believe harry didn't die I was so sure that he was going to die! but I'm glad that it ended like it did. I can't believe that snape was a good guy after all I really thought he was bad. I can't believe she killed off so many people. I really didn't find anything confusing about it. I found myself wanting to know more about what happened to harry, ron hermione and ginny though and I'm kind of disappointed that it only had them taking their kids to the train I wish it would have gone on to say more about their lives, where they work and just other stuff about them.

20. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Spoiler

You would think Harry would stay at Hogwarts and teach and possibly become the Headmaster, Kreather- I loved him and I am glad Harry freed him from himself and finally got him to open up. I don't know if anyone noticed but with out Hermione Harry wouldn't have known what to do. I never really liked Ron and was hoping he would've got killed. And it was not Molly's place to kill Bellatrix it was Neville's. I am also relieved McGonnagal survived and how she fought back. I was loved imagining the on Riddle's face when Harry revealed himself alive and that he knew what Tom himself did not know. Dumbledore is a manipulative old foul how can not leave stuff alone even in death and how he also staged everything just like it happened. Does anyone reckon Hermione is probably the Smartest Witch of her time. Could you imagine how much she would know if she grew up with an old pureblood family. And in the book it says Harry's ancestor is one of the Pervells (don't know if that is the exact last name, I am talking about the three brothers) (All things are speculations and Opinions and may not be true)