1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard to Adjust

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by vamonos, Apr 3, 2015.

1. vamonos

I've been having sex with men since I was in high school. I was hiding it and in denial for over 30 years. Now I'm out to everybody.

I'm always falling back into my old habits. I got drunk and made a date with a woman. I'm not bi. I'm not going to call her.

I need sex with men. I avoid men and I'm always with women. I seldom have sex and I'm frustrated.

This adjustment for me is taking years.

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

So, why do you avoid men?

There are plenty of fish in the see, but to catch the right fish, you have to choose the right spot.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to align your behavior with your orientation; no doubt the alcohol is interfering with doing this consistently.

4. vamonos

I do need to align my behavior with my sexual orientation. I get drunk to get the liquid courage to do it, then instead I end up trying to be straight.

I try to be as out as possible; however, I don't announce that I'm gay to everybody I meet. I have what I think is a very gay sounding voice and I try to dress gay. I express interest in men I like and make eye contact.

I don't get hostile treatment from anybody for being gay. I have no reason to be in the closet.

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:09 PM ----------

I'm afraid of rejection.