1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Tears

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Determination, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Determination

(TW: Self harm and suicide I guess)

So long story short, today I found out my ex fiance' lied about his name. And I cried tears of joy when I found this out.

I was really badly depressed and suicidal when he broke up with me, upon me discovering he'd lied to me about various things. I blamed myself for everything that happened between me and him, believing my assumptions about him being a liar ended up being wrong. I self harmed and shut myself away from the world because I truly believed I did not deserve to be alive after he left me. I thought, "that's it, he was the only person who would even think of being with me, and I fucked it up. I deserve every ounce of pain I get"

Today I was able to try tears of joy and say "It wasn't my fault, It really wasn't my fault."

Let this just be a quick hint of advice to everyone here: If your relastionship is causing you pain, get out. Now. You deserve better. There's a better person out there for you, but until you find them, look after yourself first and foremost.

Thank you. :slight_smile: