1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair predicament!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Michimon1993, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Michimon1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I want to pass, but my hair is becoming a problem!!

I'm genderqueer, biologically female. I have days where I feel very feminine and days where I know that I'm a boy. I never pass, though, and I think one of the reasons is my hair. It's so long! I haven't cut it since I was a kid and am really attached to it. However, since realizing that I'm genderfluid, I've had a love/ hate relationship with it. Sometimes I just want to cut it all off so I can finally rock the cute boy hairstyles I love and pass more easily... But I know I'd miss my long hair. Especially when I'm having a fem day :frowning2:

I have a couple of wigs, but because I have such long, thick, curly hair they always look weird and misshapen. I try and flatten them to my head as much as possible, binding them in wigcaps and such... But even that doesn't seem to work.

*sigh* It's a predicament. I don't know if there's much else I can do :frowning2: I think I'm either going to have to suck it up and stick to wigs or bite the bullet and have my hair cut. Anyone else ever faced this problem? I don't know what to dooo :bang:

2. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hair is just hair. You could get a short haircut and on the days you are feeling femme put pretty bobby pins in your hair, flowers, other hair accessories that resemble femininity. For a masculine mood throw on a baseball hat or a beanie? I've had short hair for most of my life and I always found ways to make myself feel and look feminine when I want to.

3. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have very short hair and I'm always seen as feminine ! I think if you cut your hair short, the wigs will fit much better over the short hair so you can get long hair wigs for the day you feel like you want to look that way. Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

4. thesonoferik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go for a pixie cut or something. It's like a femme men's cut and a butch woman's cut.