1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

had a dream that somebody found out my real identity from this site

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by needshelp, Oct 7, 2011.

1. needshelp

:icon_sad: don't know how it happened but i was going clothes shopping with my friends buying new clothes. sometime afterwards, i ran into this young indian woman who had to be like 18 that i can't remember if i heard her saying it to somebody or she said it outloud, i know that she knew that i was on this site and knew my secret. she had glasses, long hair and was talking with her friends and an older woman at one point in the dream. the next part of the dream, she was walking with a bunch of shopping bags trying to walk fast as hell away from me when i was following her to confront her. i wanted to silence her but for some reason, i couldn't get my hands on her. :tears:

are our identities safe on this site as long as we don't tell anybody? is this site 100 safe where nobody will know who i am? please tell me so. (!) i damn sure am not ready to come out the closet.

#1 needshelp, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. Rooni321

I don't actually know. But I'm pretty sure its anonomys because that's the whole point of this site. You don't really have to come out and be seen if you don't want to. You always have the choice.

And this is totally weird because I look like the girl you're describing x)

3. maverick

Doo Doo Do Doo

4. Rooni321

Ahaha! Totally made my day!

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your identity is safe on EC.
    The only information anybody can find out about you is whatever information you choose to put up here.

6. needshelp

:icon_sad: godforbid this dream is a premonition of some sorts.

7. Rooni321

Oh no, Don't worry!
    Your secrets are safe here! Like that person said, all that's on here is what you chose to post :slight_smile:

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, it's pretty much impossible that someone would find out your identity. Let alone people you don't know like the ones in your dream.

All I can get from your profile is that you're a 25-year old guy. That fits probably more than a thousand people in my own hometown alone. And if I quickly go over your posts, I don't see anything else that could identify you.

So yeah, you're perfectly safe unless you decide you feel at ease to give information. But no one can get that without your permission!

9. needshelp

thanks guys but at the same time, there's plenty of people in the world that come to this site to lurk, that are registered and aren't saying anything, and etc. it's a bit great to know that this place respects people's privacy.

10. Rooni321

Yeah that's what I love about this site, I'm still not to terms with myself so this place it perfect for me to ease into who I am while talking to other people with similar circumstances

11. Eponine

We take our members' privacy very seriously. While you can choose to reveal some info to others, we do not allow this in public areas of the site. The box of red text at the top of the page is there for a reason. Any concerns of a privacy breach can be addressed to the staff.

And any lurkers or whatever who try to find people they know shouldn't be worried about. Those trying to figure out if someone is gay by wasting their time sifting through very limited details in posts have bigger problems that should be addressed instead of any outing.

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If someone does sign up to lurk and try to figure out people's identities, they'll be able to see exactly what any other member here sees, which is what you choose to share. Even as an admin, the only information I can get from looking at your profile is that you're 25, male, and not sure about your sexuality. Like Filip says, this applies to thousands and thousands of people, and nobody could ever identify you through that. If you want to hide your age from showing on your profile and your posts, you can do so in My Settings. Nothing personally identifying - your full name, the email address you signed up with, anything - is ever made public on EC. Honestly, I don't think you'll find a safer forum than this.