1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys: Are you insecure? Afraid of being judged?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lil boi, Oct 5, 2013.

1. lil boi

Aha, I know what you mean. Gotta get A's all the time. And yet, they don't even understand half the stuff I do. All they care is that there's an A on the report card. Lol, but I'm lucky enough that my grandparents are so FOB that they don't even care about the A. As long as I'm passing. Lol.

2. Oxelotl

I know exactly how you feel. I have trouble talking to anyone who I haven't known for at least 2 years. And even around my best friends, the people who I've talked to for 4 years I still have trouble talking to and being honest sometimes. Hell my friend who I've been with for 10 years I'm still terribly nervous about him judging me, so in many conversations I try and stay back. Although it's probably easier with him because I only started becoming insecure a few years ago. I don't know why. And I don't know hot to solve it. The best anyone can do is take it one step at a time. Ask a question once in a while, go out with them once in a while? I'm not sure sorry. Again all I can say, one step at a time.

3. I have to admit, sometimes I feel like this too, and I also have mild social anxiety, but people tell me that they like me or that I'm interesting all the time. It's just I'm really quiet, so a lot of people tend to think I'm stuck up or that I think I'm too good to be bothered with them.

4. Sitri

Honestly, I don't even like looking in mirrors.

5. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to be very insecure about my looks when I see attractive people :/
    But, If you're confident in yourself you'll never think of being insecure about yourself. Just always remember that personality is always better than looks ^__^

6. drakkarlucifer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If it were not for my hair I would not even own a mirror.

7. lil boi

Do you have trouble getting close to people or just afraid of what your friends think. I think having nice friends who say hi to you in the hallway all the time are easier to get close to. Those are the friends that I got close with and I didn't even been friends with them for a year (besides the fact that I knew them ever since I first moved to that school.) And yeah I know what your saying. I've known a lot of people for quite sometime now and I still have trouble getting even close to them. >.<

I think that's what happens to me too. People always say I act too cool, but in reality I'm just afraid to approach people. But because I “act too cool" people don't bother to talk to me. Maybe since I am too different people just feel too weird to be around me, unless they're a friend then they think I'm cool.

Yeah, I feel the same. I see too much and I just can't seem to look at the goods instead of the bad.

Aha, that's the same with me. I always see someone more attractive or better personality and I'm jealous and intimidated.

Lol, same here. :grin: