1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Asked Me Out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Zen fix, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I separated from my wife last Fall and have been a single-dad since. I have damn near zero time to socialize and if I do I'm in a smallish community with no connections to the LGBT community as of yet. I aim to change this but it isn't the priority right now.
    I have an account on a dating site just to check it out. I haven't even become a paying member yet because it's kind of pointless at the moment. But, I did try to make a presentable profile and have had some response. I was then stunned when a guy I had exchanged a couple casual messages with asked me to coffee or lunch. I don't think anyone has ever asked me out in my life much less a man. It is much more thrilling than it should be. I'm actually considering it but my life is just coming out of a disaster meltdown period and I'm not feeling very ready. I'm also in another relationship with a woman. It started casual but now seems to have some potential. I really care about her and want to see where it goes. She's said she's interested in open relationship but we haven't discussed it much, no rules set and I feel that the beginning of a relationship may not be a good time to explore with others. At least not for me. Even something as innocent as coffee.
    Still, it felt good to get that invite.

2. smurf

Truly wonderful feeling and funny how such a small thing can make one almost giddy.

Go you in putting yourself out there and taking it all in. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Congrats!

3. Hillary B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Still shame to let your potential date with a man go cold. You used the word thrilling. Just imagine the fun you could miss out on. Sorry to be pushy.

New2gquest likes this.
  4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Trust me I'm missing out on most things that would be considered fun these days. Like sleep. Nah, the timing is bad. I believe things will happen when they are supposed to.

New2gquest and Hillary B like this.
  5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats ZF .... Before you pursue things with him, please be sure to have a conversation with her to make sure that you have an open relationship so that you can move forward with integrity.