1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars 2 release date!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Omg! Guild Wars 2 now has a set released date of 28/08/2012. Is anyone else going absolutely mad?

Just a mere 2 months away!

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

When I saw the e-mail today I seriously freaked out. I've played the original Guild Wars since the very beginning and I've been dying for GW2 for the last couple years. The beta weekends have been so much fun. I'm honestly surprised that it's so soon. I was expecting it closer to Thanksgiving.

3. vyvance

Can't wait. I got my ass kicked in spvp last beta weekend though, so I'm gonna have to tweak my dual-wield axe Warrior some.

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hah, I stopped playing the stress tests/beta. I've learned everything there is to all proffesions/traits/skill builds/tradeskills so now for me it's more playing the game itself, and I don't know about you lot but I'd rather wait till the actual release of GW2 instead of repeating the lore part over again.

I also can't believe it's so soon! We haven't even seen the Sylvari/Asura yet and it's already close to release. Really can't wait :slight_smile:

5. RainbowPrius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes! I can't wait it seems so far away! And after Diablo being such a big disappointment I need this to be amazing!

6. Andane

Yes!! I pre-ordered it a couple weeks ago, thinking it was coming out the 26th of June (that's what it said on the Gamestop website, didn't know it wasn't official), and then after getting all pumped up, was incredibly disappointed when I saw they changed it to December 31st. So this is great news :icon_bigg Although, it sucks I won't have the summer to play it without school getting in the way.

7. vyvance

Y'all decide what servers you are gonna play on for launch yet? I'm primarily a pvp player, so I'm trying to decide where the pvp is going to be best at for WvWvW. S.V.E.R. faction from a game called MAG is what I want in a server really. The other two factions consistently each had 3-4 times the number of players that SVER did, but the few players SVER had where great and SVER rarely ever lost. Hard to find that perfect low pop. high skill server from just beta though. :/

8. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah I'm playing on Fissure of Woe, just liked the name when I picked it in beta so figured I'll stick with it. I like PvP also but I'm more of a PvE kinda guy, prefer raiding for items and such. Gotta say I love the crafting systems so far in Gw2, salvaging random items you get along the way to level up and find new recipies, love it!

9. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Gaaah it would come out a few days before I go to Uni D:
    Sooo excited though! I have to admit I'm going to miss being a Monk!

10. vyvance

I need to finish my GW1 Hall of Monuments so I can get all the items before launch. Currently at like 24 of 30 items, so I'm not horribly far off.

11. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah, while I'm sure a lot would prefer their new way of providing healing/tanking I much prefer the classical ways. I'm one of the those guys who ALWAYS played the healing or tank role, I just found them harder and thus more satisfying to complete, but oh well... Guess they have to look at the majority instead of the minority.

12. vyvance

I never really played Monk in GW aside from 55 monk in Underworld and Ray of Judgement Monk in Jade Quarry. That said, I played White Mage pretty much exclusively in FFXI, so I'm not really digging the lack of a primary healer class.

In general, I think they went to far with the "any class can fill any role" thing. Somewhat worried that it's going to lead to gameplay watering down to everyone going full glass canon due to lack ability to really specialize in anything but damage. I've seen people saying that you can play support with Guardian/Elementalist, but if you look at the healing vs damage numbers, no class can actually heal well enough to justify healing over more damage.

Support abilities like Blind only effecting one attack with long cooldowns to use gives even less incentive to aim at playing support.