1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsa

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dolphinkid, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Dolphinkid

I wasn't sure if this would go here.
    It seems to be that I will finally be the leader of my school's GSA . I just wanted to know if anyome had any advice for what meetings should consist of. I have some ideas but I just wanted to see if anyone had advice. I dont really have any good examples to go offf of because the last two leaders were not all that great at keeping GSA relevant to what its supposed to be about.
    What do you guys think? Have you been to your school's GSA? What's it like?
    To be clear I'm talking about Gay-Straight Alliances.:thumbsup:

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my school's GSA we often watch movies and videos about LGBT issues. Sometimes we also get older LGBT people to come in and talk about their interesting experiences growing up as gay/bi/trans/whatever. We also have group discussions about LGBT things. And we eat snacks! ^.^

Not sure if it helps any but those are my experiences~.

3. Dolphinkid

Thanks. That at least sounds like a succesful GSA. The one at my school has not been as organized or successful at least as far as ive been going.

4. ajsivy

Well i have a lot of fun we talk about issues and just hangout and we have cookies usually even thought im the only freshman there i feel like i fit in so much

5. Dolphinkid

That sounds like fun, do you know how the leaders come up with their topics or maybe how far in advance they're prepared?