1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

growing distance...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bolt35, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I normally don't post threads as much but I do need some advice, or some words of wisdom, and maybe a few of your own experiences to share.
    Recently, my best friend from HS came back to the city from the military and I was pretty damn excited to see him. I can't help but feel that there was a bit of change in between us because of what we both gone through when we separated in high school. My discomfort grew more because of I didn't come out to him during the time when I first came out to my parents. The first time we hang around grew to be a bit awkward for me because I didn't feel like myself.... Like I had to play a bit of a different persona. So the next time we hung out, we both spent some time around each other until the moment came to tell him. He said he didn't mind at all and that my skills as a musician were a bit more concerning lol. I can't help but feel like there's a bit of a growing distance, like I felt in a lot of straight people, where they didn't feel like you were a necessary component in their life. I can't help but wonder if that is going to happen between me and him. Since the first time I met him, I had this strange conscious, that I was going to go the whole mile for this guy, just because I felt like this guy was going to be family. I don't want it to be that way, and it might be me overthinking, and I don't think he might understand what I'm going through every time I go through with this, but I hope that he does stick around. Maybe the lessons that I learned in life, were meant to help him or maybe he's just another lesson learned that might help me move forward towards a better path. Whichever it is, I hope that it doesn't happen, because although I'm terrible at showing emotions, he's an essential friend in my life.

2. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well... Is pretty normal to feel attached to a particular person. So same guy or my ex-crush. I had a crush on him at first and I confess, he WAS straight and I got rejected. First forward a year, after none of us talk to each other. He came out as gay and not surprisingly I got rejected AGAIN. And he quickly found a partner. I was livid. But there was nothing I can do about it. It was just a lesson now. Currently we are friends again but my crush on him is gone already and he had moved away. So yes, It might just be life giving you a lesson, don't be sad about it. Just have hope and continue onwards! And if you really want to resolve problems/issues. My best recommendation is to just to sit and have a nice talk with the person. Might be awkward but at least is better than both of you avoiding the issue. But just don't be scare to try anything. Just go ahead and try! If you fall, stand up and do it again! Eventually there will/should be a reward waiting for you!