1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rahata, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Rahata

Anyone else experiencing the fact of figuring out if your gay or bi? I know I like men and all, but I say that I'm bi cause I've never really been with a girl, so am I right in thinking this... but what confuses me is I think about getting in a relationship with a girl and i get nervous. What if I turn out to be gay completely and hurt her feelings, or what if I fall for her and she blows everything out of porportion. Any ideas on how to figure this out?

2. dont be afraid necessarily, just cautious. about whether or not u will become gay is a hard situation. she will be hurt to a point no matter what. it hurts when someone says they dont want to be with you. but hopefully she would understand and you would remain good friends. possibly tell her that u are bi, it may help in the future if u discover u are gay.

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Yeah, I'm in that position. Still pretty confused, tbh. I think that there are many reasons why people can be hurt by relationships. Not just someone being gay, but so many things, especially in early relationships.

If you try not to hurt people, don't play with them, and just be honest with yourself and others, that's the best you can do. If you get involved with a girl, and it doesn't work out, that won't make you evil. It'll be sad for you both, she may take it hard, but in the end, you have to experiment to figure yourself out and you can't be blamed for feeling confused. You just have to take risks.

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I'm in the same position as you, and a similar age to you, so feel I should have figured it out!!

I think, essentially, that honesty is the best policy. Like I don't think I would ever date someone without telling them that I think I'm bisexual, maybe gay, or whatever, first. Also, if you like someone and go out with them, don't see that as defining your sexuality.

Essentially:

a) Be honest about your sexuality / your sexuality confusion
    b) Don't go out with someone you don't like or fancy initially
    c) Remember that couples break up all the time, for loads of reasons, and that if it turns out that you are gay, you should not beat yourself up about it, but simply be honest and nice about it.

That's how I plan to deal with my confusion anyway!!

5. MusicIsLife

i agree with ccdd, if you choose to date someone of the opposite sex, let them know whats going on in your head, and hopefully if later on you realise you're gay, it wont hurt as bad if you break up.