1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOProud: Gays Need Guns, Not Hate Crimes Legislation

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like darts for the same reason, and have done a little bit of archery, also fun. Even snooker which i play competitively twice a week, same deal.

It's the combination with the destruction part i have a problem with. I find the pandering to the base destructive instinct disturbing.

2. Tracy Lord

You miss the point, Jim. I am trying to draw your attention to the fact that you are labeling something "sick and twisted" that you also admit that you don't understand and allow might be simply a cultural difference.

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2011 at 07:54 AM ----------

Besides, this is all kinda OT since my point in my first post here was that jiu jitsu classes would likely be far more beneficial than guns for self defense.

3. blikeo

i have a 16-gauge shotgun strapped to the drivers seat in my car at all times anyhow

4. Bibliophile

Ok if this thing is not clearly visible according to your state law you are risking serious trouble.
    In NC you can carry the firearm loaded and in your vehicle without any type of permit/license as long as it is visible. The law says you can’t conceal it. So keep it in the open and you are legal. http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USRVCarCarry.pdf

You might want to be careful with that.

5. Tracy Lord

One more general comment: it would be great if bullies did not exist. It would be great if people could resolve their differences by talking instead of starting wars, etc. It would be especially great if men respected women instead of raping them.

But sometimes you end up in a situation where you have no choice but to fight. Unless you want to get the crap beat out of you. Yes, it will be wonderful when the day comes when everyone is accepted for who they are. In the meantime, if you're different, you might have to fight from time to time. Or be able to run faster than the people than want to beat you up. One of the two. That's just life (unfortunately).

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no, i think i DO understand it, and i also think that it's a cultural difference that leads to gun-nutterdom being so common

my question wasn't asked because i feel in the dark on the matter, but because i want to hear your justification in particular. Please, feel free, go ahead and explain it. I'd like to hear it from your keyboard.

#106 Pseudojim, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  7. Tracy Lord

No sense in me saying anything more. Peace.