1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye, Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Amy, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Shevanel

Is that the proper form of the Californian term "hella"? XD I've never seen that XD

I think she seems a lot like a nice person too though, I dunno, I never met her though, nor communicated with her in any form, so I can't make any judgements :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Amy

Amy

Yes, but I was emphasising. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Ronnie92

If she did run a vote for her would mean a vote toward Palinizing the world!
    Know what that means?
    Hockey runs and hunting trips for all! Maybe we all can get snazzy names like her kids :wink:
    /end joking

seriously I am surprised by this as well

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Last I heard, I can still have my own opinions on things. I don't care what you or other people think. Mind your own business.

Oh, and learn proper grammar.

5. hiker360

:eusa_dancYes:eusa_danc :smilewavegood bye:smilewave well actually i feel pretty guilty, she was just doing what she believed in, hope she enjoys her life as an alaskan govenor:icon_wink

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

Even though she is very attractive for her age and represents an American with an Pioneer spirit, she is against same sex marriages. In addition she was a supporter of Bush policies in Iraq, and sees America role in Iraq as part of God will. She is very pro gun, and that is scary. As a foreinger I am really startled on how big the pro gun lobby is in the states. She is a neo con. The neo cons have damaged the republican party.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

As have the neo libs to the democratic party.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You won't have Richard Nixon to kick around, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference." - Richard Nixon, announcing he was resigning from politics forever, November 1962.

Richard Nixon was elected president in 1968 (and 1972).

Lex

9. Absentminded

Lex, are you saying she'll be back? Because if you are...*runs in circles*

10. xequar

Yep. She also won't have to worry about being governor and running for president at the same time.

And mark my words. If Barack Obama fucks up healthcare reform, he WILL be a one-term president. Thus enters Sarah Palin 2012.

11. olides84

Yeah but Richard Nixon had been a vice-president and US senator by 1962, and was a quite intelligent guy. Palin: small town mayor, quitting governor, and...not so much.
    If Palin wins the Rupublican nomination, that GUARANTEES Obama's second term, unless he fucks up not healthcare reform but instead fucks some Argentinian mistress somewhere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

[YOUTUBE]7pR1f_DSoDg[/YOUTUBE]

13. xequar

She doesn't have to be smart to win. The majority of Americans are not smart, and she's "folksy" and "human" and "normal."

And she's ambitious.

I hope I'm wrong, but the marks are all there. There's a disconnect right now between the American People's opinions of Barack Obama and Barack Obama's policies, and such a rift cannot continue forever. Either his policies will be vindicated in the eyes of the public, or the public opinion of him will drop until its in line with opinion of his policies. The economy is cyclical, and expectations have been lowered so far that it's almost a non-factor politically speaking. Obama's thrown gays under the bus, but we're not enough of the electorate to matter to him. But healthcare... Healthcare is on everyone's radar, and the outcome will be very well-noticed no matter how it goes. Either way it comes out, it gets credited to/blamed on Obama.

And if he fucks it up, he's done. He'll have his ass handed to him on a platter in 2012 and be relegated to the same lowly status as Jimmy Carter when history gets around to it.

Conversely, the Republicans are far enough out in the wilderness right now that they can really do whatever they want. People are writing them off and laughing them off. They have a field of mediocre talent, none of which excites the GOP's primary voters like Sarah Palin. Pawlenty has a chance, but is pretty milquetoast. Jindal blew his welcome to prime time and has no widescale appeal. Huckabee's far enough down the lineup that he's largely irrelevant. Mitt Romney has a reasonable chance, but the base doesn't like him because he's Morman and known to say what people want to hear. Palin, on the other hand, although being batshit insane and dumb as a box of rocks, excites the GOP base and still has enough support in GOP-land to win the primaries.

That sets up Obama versus Palin for the general. As I said earlier, if Obama fucks up healthcare, he's screwed. Palin at the top of the ticket doesn't have to worry about getting off message and having in-fights with the other side, because she is the message at that point. As long as she doesn't actually say that she can still see Russia from her house and can spew a few well-rehearsed talking points, she's a very credible threat.

14. olides84

Hey if the repubs nominate her, so be it. Americans will not elect a president that's a whiner and a quitter. That's just a free ticket to victory for Obama.

Remember, Clinton (with the help of his wife) fucked up healthcare. Clinton fucked over the gays. Bubba was much better liked than his policies ever were. Then during the '96 election, he pulverized Bob Dole, even as the repubs were winning Congress. And Bob Dole was actually liked, respected and admired by MOST of the country.

15. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well Clinton was at times acting like a republican with regards to healthcare and welfare and so much of the American poor suffered due to that. In regards to welfare the hardest hit were single mothers and people long term unemployed. Clinton era was a drifting futher away of the prospect of the US becoming a welfare state, and he was a big supporter of neo liberalism. It appeared that the democratic party then was shifting to the right. However Clinton wanted to allow gays and lesbians to serve in the military however most of the congress was against it, and as a result there was a compromise where the policy was 'dont ask dont tell policy'.

16. Just Adam

doesent the govt have some super secret hit squad to ever stop someone like her getting a chance of ellection? und the black ops file of "accidents" XD

17. TayTay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amen!