1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to a gender therapist?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SkylarBlur, Sep 26, 2015.

1. SkylarBlur

Hi there..

So, I've realized I'm way over my head with everything. I thought that I was coming into my own, and I was making leaps and bounds in the right direction. But it seems I've hit a huge wall, and maybe it's just a bought of body dysphoria all at once, or there is more to whats going on.

Either way, I've found a local LGBT support group with free therapist meetings that I think I will be attending.. I'm just nervous as to what to expect.

Has anyone been to a gender therapist or can give me a lowdown of what they will ask me?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's pretty much getting to know you.

For me, my therapist asked me how long I've been feeling the way I have, how my dysphoria affects me (when I brought it up), and short term and long term goals I have with my transition. We also spoke about different resources and the possibility of her getting me referrals to endocrinologists and signing letters off (such as for my name change, and hopefully top surgery in the future).