1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Markio

I'm just disappointed because it seems like many of the main seniors are not going to go to college because they didn't get into NYADA or some New York place (Kurt, Santana, Finn). If you can't get into a college program directly then you transfer in from a community college!

2. Tim

Tim

I know I've said it before, but this is my least favorite episode of Glee and will probably always be it.

Everyone was out of character the entire episode, they butchered other characters for Rachel, and to be honest most of the songs were horrendous. The only scenes I enjoyed were Santana.s mom and Kurt's dad.

The clipshow was also completely unneeded, considering we know for a fact all the main characters are set to be back next year. If they had only done the climax for characters not returning, I'd understand.

3. Dominic

Dominic Guest

I was kind of surprised finding out that Mercedes got a deal singing back up in LA, but not totally shocked. I was shocked that Kurt didn't get in to NYADA because Carmen told him that he was great. I also thought that after Puck failed that one test that he for sure wasn't graduating, so I was really confused when he took the test right before graduation. I also didn't even know Finn had applied to NYADA. I thought he just wanted to be an actor. I think the episode seemed kind of rushed with everyone except for Finn, Rachel, and Kurt. I loved how Brittany was so calm about getting a 0.0 GPA, and how she was excited to be the first two-term Senior Class President.

4. Tim

Tim

^ Finn didn't apply to NYADA, they simply opened their college letters together.Puck was allowed to take the test again when Shannon talked to the teacher for him. That was revealed a few episodes ago.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ What Tim says is correct about Puck's test. And at first I was confused about NYADA and Finn, but no, what it is is that he applied to The Actor's Studio. If you've ever seen Inside the Actor's Studio you'd understand what it is. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But if not, just look it up :slight_smile:

6. MusicMan12

My thoughts on this episode:
    1) the quinn/puck kiss was just random
    2) LOVED the scene in the car with finn and rachel, and basically the whole ending was great, except it left open ends for the rest of the characters
    3) songs were just so-so for me...
    4) I wish they would have made more of the graduation ceremony
    5) Loved Santanas mom ("we got a pinata!" lol)
    6) I don't understand why Santana wants to go to New York. That just kinda sprang up on us from nowhere. Basically, I was happy with everyone's plans after high school except for hers...

I'd give the episode like, a B or B+ overall!

7. Emberstone

I still could care less about rachel. they keep making the show about her, and for a glimmer of a moment, it seemed that she was going to be human when it came to defferring her dreams to help others, then she wimped out, and honestly, in a way that seemed somewhat disengenuse, allowed herself to be steered onto the train.

I suspect that rachel will get most of the attention in season 4 also.

But I also hope that Wade/Unique does transfer, as was hinted at during the nationals episode, and gose to mckinley, because we need unique to stay on the show, and be a positive portrayal of transgendered/cisgendered youth.

8. Tim

Tim

I wouldn't doubt Alex and Lindsay's characters will transfer to McKinley. Not sure how they're going to get Rory back next year. Exchange students can't choose to go two years, and even if they could, it wouldn't be in the same state. Did anyone else feel confused that Sam wasn't a senior? Same with Joe.

So, add Harmony and Unique to the roster, as well as whoever wins The Glee Project 2 and we're fine.I do hope they keep the "promise" that Tina would be the lead female vocalist next year. Still pissed they made Tina look like the bad guy when she was justified in getting mad during Props. Pretty sure that was done to tell us Tina fans to STFU, lol.

9. Emberstone

Just spin rachel off into her own show, and leave glee to the rest of the cast is how I am starting to feel about this show.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeed. I've heard she's not even nice in person so I dunno if the cast even enjoys working with her...hmm

11. Tim

Tim

You know, I kind of wish they'd just air Glee every other week, so we didn't have months of downtime, lol. But that'd be bad marketing.

12. Markio

Did anyone hear about the twitter picture that potentially leaked the top 6 Glee Project Stars?

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, any possible link?

14. Markio

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then I'm fairly happy, the one blonde (not in the wheelchair) who grabbed me in the first video is in it which makes me happy if that's the top 6. But I guess we'll wait and see :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

About the first four episode titles
    I was kinda hoping that they'd come up with new ideas for the show, but the first four episodes are pretty much the same as previous season except different order. Individuality, Vulnerability, Sexuality and Dance Ability. Woo... I mean I understand it cause then need to test them on it anyway I dunno I just was hoping maybe something different I guess...

#3515 Revan, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  16. Tim

Tim

...That... I would like.

Blake, Lily Mae, and Aylin? Hell Yes. (3 of my top 5? <3) No Nellie/Abraham makes me sad though, especially since Ali and Michael are still there. Shanna has an amazing voice as well, I just don't quite like her (I think as Revan or someone said earlier, because she's portrayed as so strictly Christian, I'm not sure about her thoughts on LGBT people, though auditioning for Glee, I'd ASSUME she can't be extremely homophobic, although knowing Ryan, he'd cast her just to have her portray a homophobic member of New Directions. xD If that is true though, I'm surprised Abraham and Nellie are gone, whereas I'm way too happy Mario and Tyler are. They really can't sing.

Nellie has such a unique voice, really surprised she's gone if that's real. Really surprised Michael's still there though.

HOWEVER, in the casting special, they made it quite obvious they were looking for FRESHMAN characters, meaning it's quite possible they're the top 6 simply because out of the cast, they're the only ones who could actually pass as a freshman. Well, compared to the others, that is.

Out of those 6, the reasons I could see them winning/character wise, based on Ryan Murphy's typical thought patterns.

Michael: Young face, as was stated in the casting special.
    Lily Mae: Without Mercedes, there's no above average sized characters in New Directions,w ith the loss of Lauren as well.
    Blake: With the loss of Finn, Puck, and Mike, we only have Sam left as the jock of the group, and let's face it, Blake LOOKS like a stereotypical Jock, which is what Ryan likes to go with.
    Aylin: As I stated before, we haven't had a muslim character, and robert mentioned that he could already see her portraying a turkish girl on Glee during the casting special.
    Ali and Shanna I just don't know. I could see Ali winning simply so she can teach her wheelchair tricks to Kevin, (another thing stated in the casting special), and Shanna simply because without Lea Michele/Amber RIley, the show is lacking a belter for New Directions.

I just know, whatever happens, Tina better keep the promised spot of lead female vocalist in New Directions, no matter if a Glee Project 2 girl wins or Lindsay/Alex return next year.

#3516 Tim, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  17. MusicMan12

LOL are all of these spoilers about the Glee Project?? I feel like there should be another thread for that show... Or another one for "Glee spoilers" because the last 5 messages have been spoilers haha

18. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, Glee Project is basically directly related to Glee and without that to talk about this thread would die during the off months, as it has in the past when neither was airing. :slight_smile:

19. Tim

Tim

We have them under spoiler tags. Don't press spoiler then be surprised when you are met with one. The Glee Project concerns new characters for Glee, as such, a separate thread for it would be pointless. Especially since the show airs BETWEEN seasons of Glee. As with everyone else, if your country hasn't sites some episodes yet, going into a discussion thread for a show should tell you spoilers for episodes that have aired somewhere in the world will be out in the open.

For instance, if someone started a H2O: Just Add Water thread, you wouldn't tell people not to discuss the last season just because only half of it has aired in the USA, whereas it's entire final season aired 2 years ago in Australia.

20. Tim

Tim

...Tyler deserved to be cut. He can't song, makes excuse after excuse about dancing, and just constantly complains or makes excuses. If he somehow wins, I will literally stop watching Glee while he it's in it. You don't reward people for making excuses and having very little talent.

Maxfield, however, is new to singing, and if Nikki had actually helped himlike she did other contestants, and not just tell him that he let her down, he might have actually improved. Sure, hew had issues doing the rock group dance, but Tyler had even more issues in that.

Ugh, if the next episode feels as rigged as this episode, I'm just going to watch the music video and read who's eliminated. I won't give them any more ratings.