Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. MusicMan12

I LOL'd when Figgins said "attention teen lesbians!" :roflmao:

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lmao! Yes I did too haha I still laugh everytime I see it. I kept going back to see that scene because it was so funny. TEEN LESBIANS! :roflmao: It was so random and funny.

3. Tim

Tim

Not the best Troubletones performance, but it's still great, and it really says New Directions to me.

[youtube]z2bqa5IQe_0[/youtube]

Also: Lol. Blaine and Santana rapping.

[youtube]Km8Aav0bxKo[/youtube]

#3223 Tim, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. gleek

I'm SO pumped for the new episode tuesday! Hopefully they go out with a bang, I feel like the episodes have slowly gotten more and more boring. Seasons one and two were by far the best!

6. Markio

There have been advertisements floating around that show Kurt and Mercedes looking very somber, with a tagline saying how the winter finale is "shocking." After Dave Karofsky's sudden appearance last episode, I wonder if it has to do with him...

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Images of Karofsky in a hospital bed have showed up. :/
    [​IMG]
    Rumors of a car crash and something to do with Quinn are floating about as well.

8. Paper Heart

L-O-V-E was worth having Tina disappear without comments/concerns for two episodes.

9. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second (third?) the hilarity of "attention teen lesbians!" Figgins can be downright hilarious sometimes. :lol:

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2012 at 10:29 PM ----------

Nazo - heard about this. I'm nervous! :icon_sad:

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love how the episode was. Karofsky, Quinn, everything. But I can't believe they have to end it like they did and now we have to wait SEVEN WHOLE WEEKS?! UGH

11. Tim

Tim

12. dreamcatcher

Oh man, I had to hold back tears for this episode. So good. This is why I still stick around for Glee, for awesome episodes like this.

13. Jay

Jay

This was the best episode in a long while.

Glee producers and writers acknowledged that Tina needs a solo. Desperately.

14. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh even with everything I knew about the episode I still cried my eyes out.
    At least Karofsky is ok.
    That's all I care about.

15. Emberstone

hated the ending.

I hate cliff hangers like that, because they are as low brow and low class as a storyteller can go.

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was ok. I liked the songs but I wasn't in the mood to watch a suicide attempt and a car wreck. I did like the part where Karofsky saw his kid. I cried at that.
    I felt really bad for Karofsky. One thing I don't understand is why the writers treat gay male coming out storylines with such distinction but they make the gay female's storyline about a straight male. Something rubs me wrong about that. Really wrong.

I did like the songs. The ending is annoying because we have to wait so long.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:30 AM ----------

Showing the attempt in that way was moving.. I could see Quinn's viewpoint on suicide being selfish but I also saw Kurt's point of view. I have mixed feelings on that.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:36 AM ----------

It is also a bit triggering for some people to see something that serious. I don't think it should have been shown in that way maybe? Maybe shown in a different way? I don't know..it was powerful but too serious for Glee. Showing him in that way was......a bit much.

17. Emberstone

at least with karoskeys suicide attempt, they led up to it, and you had a sense it was coming because of the scene with all the teachers and coach beaiste.

quinn on the other hand was split second. I could deal with the first, but not the second.

18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I couldn't deal with either. I knew it was going to happen because of friends who like to ruin things for me but both of the situations were too much... It's too serious for me.

19. Emberstone

seven weeks of torture... Damn you ryan murphy... I spit on you...!!!!!!!!!!

DAMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a lot of people are debating on how Karofsky's attempt was portrayed was the best thing. midwestgirl you made a good point. However, while I know many find it too serious and such, I think it was probably one of the best things Glee could have done. Suicide is rarely touched upon in tv shows, and if it is, not always in the best ways. It didn't show him necessarily hanging himself however the lead up to it was so impassioned it may have reached out to many people. Let's face it, when Kurt was being bullied it showed the hurt, scared form of being bullied but at the same time showed Kurt not even showing the slightest that he would kill himself. It showed him angry, frustrated, and scared yes, but it still was known, there's no way he's going to kill himself.

But Karofsky, he had been in the closet for a long time, and now being outed without him intending on doing so, hurt him so deeply, that I feel...it portrayed the struggle MANY gay youth go through. Being outed, or coming out and being met with such...betrayal and isolation...it's almost too much for people to bear and it leads them to do things without thinking or perhaps they think about it without thinking about the repercussions because they have become so lost, so disillusioned that the idea of hurting everyone else is surpassed by the amount of hurt they feel at that moment.

Glee showed this in a way that was both beautiful and at the same time pained. I wanted to personally scream at Karofsky, jump in there and hold him, but obviously I could only watch in horror at what was about to happen. Perhaps him putting on his suit was his way of trying to save face for his parents so they needn't dress him before a funeral...but let's face it, no matter if you think it's "too serious" for Glee, or too "out there", whatever you want to call it. I honestly have to commend Glee for doing something I NEVER expected them to do.