1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GLBT friendly colleges

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bryan, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

Also a good tip for finding out first hand how LGBT life is on campus, go to a college's Gay-Straight Alliance (or the equivalent) homepage and look up the name of whoever is the student leader of the group. Shoot a message over to them on facebook and ask them what their perspective is. I have done this for almost every school I'm applying to, and everyone I have asked has been extremely helpful; often I have gotten several paragraphs as responses. Some of them have even offered to let me stay with them for an overnight if I so choose. There are many ways to find out if a particular college has the right kind of LGBT community you want, you just have to get creative :slight_smile:

2. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

according to the advocate guide, Ohio State has a rating of 19/20, so I'd say yes, that would be a great place for an LGBT student

3. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Niceee.

:lol:

Are there any other Technological Institutes?

4. Zaurak

I go to Cornell College, which is affiliated with the Methodist Church, which recognizes gay couples, and it is number 20 on the top 20 most gay friendly schools in the US. They are so liberal that they are letting a lesbian couple room together here. Also, our chaplin of the church is a lesbian, so is the head librarian. Also the assistant director of residential life is a lesbian and she lives on campus with her girlfriend in the dorm I live in. I have yet t meet a single person that has the slightest problem with it. And my roomate and me would seriously not get along as well as we do if I was straight, we're really good friends.

5. Zaurak

Seriously, if anyone has questions about Cornell College, I'm more thant happy to talk to you about it. There iare A LOT of gay people here, but there are a lot more lesbians thatn gay guys, but I'm trying to get as many in our community as posible to come here. This school is amazing and the campus is just beautifull. the website is www.cornellcollege.edu I encourage you all to look at it, we are also one of like 2 schools in the US that work on the block plan or, OCAAT, in which you only go to one class at a time for 3 and a half weeks then get a break and go to a different class, you just focus on one class at a time and its easier to study. MSN me at [email protected] if you want to know more about the school

6. Bryan

That is so cool, I wish all schools, particularly religious ones were like that.

7. Zaurak

Then I encurage you to consider Cornell College, you can do an overnight visit and see how amazing this school is, I just fell in love with it the first time I came here.

8. TopOutColleges

If you're looking for GLBT friendly colleges, you should take a look at my site, www.TopOutColleges.com
    The ratings are done by college students, and in real-time. Go take a look.