1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glasses or Contacts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jared, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I wear glasses, but I don't generally like wearing them. I'm too afraid to put contacts in my eyes. I have a weird phobia about eyes. I'm completely fine with needles, and pain. But, when someone starts doing weird shit with their eyeballs, I cringe, and want to hide in a corner.

On a guy though, I like that whole "sexy librarian" look. Wearing the glasses, they look very studious and intellectual, kind of dorky and cute. Then they take them off. Grrrrr!!!

2. BudderMC

I'm not picky. I think there are a lot of guys who do look good in glasses though, but it's no dealbreaker.

I have glasses for distance vision, so I only really wear them to class and while driving (sometimes), so they're pretty optional for me. I like them on myself depending on what I'm wearing... and how in need of a haircut my hair is.

I personally couldn't ever wear contacts though, the thought scares me. I'd be worried if my guy ever did, but it's his choice, so whatever.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some guys look better with contacts, some guys look mighty fine with glasses. Some guys would look mighty finer with another type of frame. YMMV :wink:.

4. Rinto

Rinto Guest

How lucky of you to have contacts. I only wore glasses from when I was 4 because my parents wanted to. I wish I could switch to contacts soon but I just got my glasses weeks ago. Real unlucky...

5. ultrabluecheese

I've been wearing glasses pretty regularly since I started college; I like the more 'serious' look that they give me, but they also make me look 4 or 5 years older than I really am! But now, I only wear them when I actually need to see something in class, which is not very often as an English major. :lol:

I gotta agree with Frozenandbroken on this one: guys who wear glasses are incredibly sexy; I find an inexplicable mystique about a guy wearing glasses because I guess it really 'softens' up his appearances. Whatever it is, though, I'm diggin' it!

6. laras

Attracted to glasses, guess its becaues I just started wearing them :grin:

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think glasses are super sexy

(damn we don't have an icon with glasses. Just look up the nerdy emotion and pertend it's here)

8. TonyTheBear

I can't decide on this. It really depends on the person's face and what works well on them. :grin: I myself have tried contacts (though I have a bad astigmatism so they hurt more than they help) and right now I think I like glasses best.

9. Jared

Seeing how many people like glasses maybe I should stop wearing my contacts and go back to glasses, I thought it was just me who liked glasses on guys lol

10. TonyTheBear

Well, then again, just do what is comfortable for you. You can't please everyone. :slight_smile:

11. FJ Cruiser

I personally can't pull off a pair of glasses, so for me, it's contacts all the way. Glasses can have a masking effect to where even though they might look good on the guy, I don't really take note of their attractiveness. I guess I'm weird like that.

12. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I usually prefer guys without glasses, but lately, I find guys wearing these popular framed nerdy glasses very attractive.
    As for myself, I wear contacts or glasses, depending on how I feel in the morning.

13. lowdownweather

I have the black plastic nerd frames. But, I work with computers/servers, so it's OK.

14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glasses can be good on guys. It depends on the frame style and their face I guess. Some guys who wear glasses occasionally, I generally like them better w/o.

I got glasses at the end of my junior year of hs, but only used them for driving and I bought contacts before my senior year since I couldn't believe how much better I could see with them. The correction wasn't all that much, but there were lots of details I never realized I should be able to see at a distance. I had no problems with contacts and kept up on cleaning. I got lasik about 3 years ago and have been super happy with it. Shoulda done it sooner. I was really nervous about it, but once you get in there and they start working you're just trying to lay still and it goes really quick. The valium they give you also helps you relax. :icon_wink

15. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on how the person looks with them, but usually guys that look good in glasses look good no matter what they wear. :eek: As for me, I wore glasses from freshman year of college through last year and I hated the way I looked in them (they were also uncomfortable, I noticed more glare from oncoming headlights with them when driving at night, and the frames obstructed my view). I switched to contact lenses last year and while sometimes they are a pain if I get dirt, eyelashes, or lint in them, I can see much better than I did with glasses. Plus I personally feel more attractive without glasses, which helped with my self-esteem. Other guys look damn sexy with them though!

16. RainbowPrius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  17. RebelD

Guess it depends on the guys wearing the glasses. Some guys look hot with glasses and others don't. I have glasses, but I don't wear them that often. I only wear them when it is absolutely necessary. I look a lot smarter and professional with them though lol!

18. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I prefer those with glasses though I have no problem with contacts...I personally have both but I don't have to wear them all the time...When I do I mostly wear glasses because contacts take too much time xD
    I like those 'nerdy looking' glasses especially :slight_smile:

19. vyvance

I wear glasses, and I think glasses can look nice on others. Just depends on the individual person and the type of glasses.

20. Sherri

I like my guys both ways, and my girls as well. Like others said, some glasses are definitely more flattering than others, but I don't think I've ever seen anybody who looks just horrid with glasses on.

That said, it is definitely funny when you wear glasses yourself and then forget them one day and everybody tells you that you look like an entirely different person. I see this as an opportunity and play it up. When I'm wearing glasses, I'll skip makeup and go natural, but when I'm not, I'll do full eye makeup and a bit of face stuff and go like that.