1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving Hints?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by musicboy123, Apr 18, 2018.

1. musicboy123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For some backstory, I'm currently in the eleventh grade and I'm completely closeted at school. However, I am very vocal in my ideas of LGBTQ+ rights, always educating people when they make a rude slur or comment, etc. I think, though, that I've painted myself in such a way that people really don't think that I'm gay, but just think that I'm a strong ally and supporter. This only makes it harder for me to come out because I know people are not going to react in the way I hoped, obviously being surprised. I just wish that everyone knew.

Anyway, in one of my classes, I sit beside this guy who's openly gay and I think he's really cute. He seems to feel really comfortable around me, knowing that I am an ally, as he is always starting conversations with me and touching me on my arm. Whenever I even say something that is rather mundane, he seems rather interested. I actually think he may like me, but I'm probably just being too optimistic. We always have really interesting and deep conversations and seem to have quite a few things in common and I really want him to know I'm gay and that I like him. Do you guys have any advice on how I could go about giving him hints or clues? Thanks! :slight_smile:

18breanna likes this.
  2. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can you talk to him outside school? Would it be bad to be out at your school?

3. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This may come as a shock, but I have found after years of being shy around those I fancy that the best approach is to just say, outright, what you feel about him.

It doesn't need to be dramatic or embarrassing! It can actually be quite a relief to know for sure how the other feels. Just simply say something straightforward, like, "Do you want to go out sometime?". From what he sounds like, he will probably say yes, and you can tell him then that you are gay and see where it goes from there. If he is interested, you can probably tell from his body language :^)

If that sounds comfortable, try it, I was surprised when I was open about how I felt instead of beating 'round the bush!

Ruby Dragon likes this.
  4. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to come out to him explicitly. You could just ask him to hang out somewhere after school the next time you guys have one of your deep conversations. I think it's perfectly casual and could go either way. If you feel comfortable, you could come out to him, if not, you two just hung out after school as friends and you could tell him whenever you're ready.

Humbly Me likes this.