1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News #GiveElsaAGirlfriend has an anti-movement now

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, May 13, 2016.

1. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have young daughters who adore the characters in Frozen. I'm not averse to them being exposed to an age appropriate depiction of a loving gay relationship but I think if Disney makes a firm stance on Elsa's sexuality it will ruin the story. They will just appear to be shoehorning in a trait that does nothing for the character or the story.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree!

However, I think the campaign is really just trying to get Disney to feature an openly LGBT character in any one of their movies. Which I think would be fun. Actually, I think it would be a pretty groundbreaking event.

3. thepandaboss

Since when does being queer make you or anyone else on here morally superior? That's half the problem with our community. We play the game of who's the better queer, who can be more queer than the other- frankly, that's a divisive mentality.

I've met horrible, unethical people who happened to be queer, I've also known plenty of amazing, brave queer people as well. And being queer wasn't a precursor to their ethics, to their behavior.

Also...I dunno if being queer makes you a better artist or creative type, as an aside. Have you been on Deviant Art or Tumblr lately? There's a lot of shitty queer artists on there.

#43 thepandaboss, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  4. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See, I'm just pitching examples around. The most profoundly disturbing individual I ever met in my life was a sick, twisted queer who left me emotionally crippled through years of psychological manipulation and emotional abuse, not to mention some sort of hypnosis I believe he used to convert me into what I am now. I don't believe I was born gay, I believe that this individual I knew forged me a new sexuality to his liking for only one reason: because he could. He knew it would leave me crippled, but I'm alive and I resent not just him but the entire gay community for it. So don't misconstrue my words when I say that we should fight for superior rights. I'm pitching ideas. I'm not the same as all of you, born gay. I wasn't born gay, I was forced to be homosexual through years of emotional abuse, psychological manipulation and posthypnotic suggestion. I'm an outsider in an already outsider community.

5. RainDreamer

Can't tell if whatever was going on is sarcastic or not, but I feel like there are personal issues that need to be resolved here.

6. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've already explained my thoughts on this in the "What are you thinking" thread so I won't get back into it. I think whether you're for it or against it, to make a big deal about it is pretty lame. This is a CARTOON character after all.

7. A Mindful Wolf

Why does she need a love interest?

8. thepandaboss

All the other princesses do. If she's gonna have one, why couldn't it be a woman?

9. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :
    Good ol Frankie, the gift that keeps on giving.....