1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give your honest opinion, even if brutal.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WakeMyUp, Mar 22, 2024.

1. WakeMyUp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will try to write as short as I can, isn't easy. I'm orthodox born ex Urss country, that's important for understanding my story. I got in loe with this boy from the country I'm living right now since I was toddler, a south european country, when I was twenty years old (I'm 30 now). I always was straight, it was the first time who I ever felt something for a boy and he didn't wanted me and he was so easygoing. Then he went in depression for some of his problems and I was with him. But, when things went better, I went away for work and I need to tell you the truth that I ghosted him and I don't know why maybe because was easier. I also need to be honest, I always was posting something for him on my socials bu never contact him directly. When we were together they were amazing 5 years of pure love. Now he got his life. But yesterday we were at the same event and I knew he was here. So, I don't know why, I started to do something just for being see from him... I don't know what to do now, I miss him. As I know he is always dating someone, always a new boy. I just need your opinion. Do I deserve his hate? During our love story I was always in the border between my religion and my love story, I felt it as a sin but I was damn in love and tbh I still love him... or I don't love him? I don't k now.

2. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. So I read your post but I'm confused about a couple of points. At the beginning of the post, you said he didn't like you, but then you both had a romantic relationship later on. How exactly did that happen and why did you decide to ghost him because of your religion? Also when you met him at the party yesterday what happened between you to, and how did he react?

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WakeMyUp.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! Empty Closets is all about making connections and giving LGBT folks a voice when they otherwise don't have one in their day-to-day lives.

Some info on how to navigate EC:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now, you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. WakeMyUp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was the one in love, he didn't want me initially.
    I just try to stay as closer I was able to be with him and that's how it started.
    I ghosted him, and I'm not proud, because the distance and the weight of the past... I don't know what happened in my brain but I wasn't able to text him back.
    In the party we were in the same park full of people then I did THAT THING that could look as random for anyone except for us... nothing weird just singing our song.

5. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he was friendly and receptive at the party then I don't think he hates you. I wouldn't get your hopes up though. I think the first step was the ice breaker. Which you did already. And now you both need to have a conversation about your past history and get some closure. Be honest with him and tell him how you were insecure because he wasn't really into you at the time and you were battling internal demons with religion. If that goes smoothly then you can talk about starting back where you left off or just becoming friends.

I don't think it's a matter of deserving of his hate or love. It's up to him to give you a second chance. Just be honest about your mistakes and own up to them.

WakeMyUp and Rayland like this.
  6. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seems to me you need to figure out what you really want. Do you love this person or not? Do you want to be with them or not?
    Or do you just wish to take advantage of them and play around?

They didn't like you, yet you took advantage of their depressed state and even ghosted this person after and now you're back in their life. Are you going to ghost them again after they let you back into their life?

This is what I understand from this all.

WakeMyUp and Chillton like this.
  7. gayboy2010

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    dear Wake my up i dont think anyone deserves hate :heart:

8. WakeMyUp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tbh we didn't had talk, I just did it. I had just did some noisy knowing his personality and how he would react about. Nothing more. Now, I hope he would contact me back... or is it better if I would contact him back?

I do love him back, I'm just a codard.

Thanks! ❤️

Chillton likes this.
  9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then I take back my words. Do talk to them, otherwise they wouldn't know. No one in the world is a mindreader and fears are there to overcome them no matter the end result. Good luck.

Chillton likes this.
  10. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're going to have to be the one to contact him first. You have to prove to him that you're serious and you won't flake out. Go in with the intention of apologizing and getting closure for both of you. Don't flirt with him or ask him out. He may still have hurt feelings and trauma from you ghosting him. Coming on strong will make things worse. Then the ball is in his court to hear you out and give you a second chance if that's what he wants.

Just try to make it right. whatever happens afterwards is a bonus. If he doesn't want to hear it, then respect his boundaries and move on.

Rayland likes this.
  11. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my honest opinion. We know so little about you, and we are all complex beings. So, my honest opinion is i can only offer general response that may or may not hit the mark, and should be taken for what they are... the response of someone who does not know you or your circumstances in any more than a cursory way.
    That said....
    To me it reads as though you come from a pretty strict cultural background with both social and religious restrictions against same sex attraction. You find that how most of your life you have been expected to be one way ("straight") and found yourself attracted and in love with another guy. Realizing that you can be attracted to another guy doesn't make your orthodox conditioning magically go away, nor to all the people in your life who believe that way disappear. That's where the proverbial "closet" comes from. People who are different from what their culture and society expects them to be, what they have been conditioned to believe they should be, realize the threat of rejection if they are real in front those who (think) they know them. So we build a closet and hide. A problem with that is, we remain unknown, unseen. The supposed love and acceptance we get is not directed at who we really are because we are hiding and most do not know who and how we are.

So, you meet a guy and the real you comes flooding to the surface... and if you are fortunate, there's some chemistry between you and he too returns some of those feelings. You both see a part of each other that has remained hidden, buried. It's all new, unfamiliar, scary and wonderful at the same time.

While you may be an adult, when we have lived in a closet for much of our life, some parts of us do not get the chance to grow and learn. i'd encourage you to give yourself, and the one you love, space and grace to learn and grow, to not be too harsh judging your self or him.

12. WakeMyUp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any suggestion to how do it without hurting him? What write? How? When?

Thanks, you hit the problem!

13. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I would try to break the ice sooner rather than later so it doesn't seem like you're dragging your feet. I would briefly message him that seeing him at the party made you realize you needed to set things straight and do right by him, even though you should have done it a long time. Apologize and own up to your mistakes. Tell him you would like to meet up and properly apologize in person if that is OK. State that you'll respect his wishes and decisions, whatever they may be.

14. WakeMyUp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wrote to him "hello, I've see you at the pary. do you want to talk for clarifying?" and he didn't answer.

Chillton likes this.
  15. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is all you can do. Just give it time. The ball is in his court now. Whatever happens, you did take the initiative to make things right. Take a little pride in that.

Rayland likes this.
  16. WakeMyUp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He is not wanting me. I'm not hurry. Giving it time what can I do? With whole the respect for him.

17. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did he say clearly no to you?

18. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this point you have done all you can do. If he is unsure or didn't give you a straight answer, then I would continue to wait still. The ball is in his court now. Trying to force the issue will be counterproductive. If he said No, Then you need to respect that and drop it. Don't contact him again. It's great you're trying to do the right thing and own up to your mistakes. But if he doesn't want to give you a second chance, then your hands are tied. I'm sorry man but you still did good.

WakeMyUp and Rayland like this.