1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghosted after first time meeting

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ncb98, May 14, 2018.

1. Ncb98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I started talking to this girl who lives in the same town as me, 5 mins away from where I live. We met on a dating app and for a week we talked and got to know each other. I was actually really starting to like her and she told me likewise that she was interested in me.
    Anyway, we met for the first time last Thursday. Everything was great until the first kiss. After we made out, she basically told me that she likes being single and I should get out there myself. She went off on how she’d given up two years of her life in a relationship and then how she’s scared to love again and has commitment issues and goes clubbing a lot and it takes her awhile to gain emotional feelings for someone.

It was weird because she told me that she likes me and would keep talking to me and we even had plans to meet today except that since the date she replied back a few times and now she’s just been ignoring me for two days. Her last reply to me was, “ Oh sorry I haven’t been checking my messages,” which I feel is a lie because I’ve seen her active on the social media platform we talk on and even updating her stories and looking at mine.

Maybe I should let it go but I don’t understand why she told me that she likes me and would keep talking to me and see me again only to end up ignoring me like this? Anyone have any tips to get over being ghosted like this? I’ve just been mad if anything.

2. Guywest79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess ghosting is just term for just being ignored..heard it b4.

I've been in both ends of this....guy lising interest after meeting and I've done this too....expectations not met...but I've been up front with guy most recently....sorry you went through this