1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting past the stigma around bisexuality

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by xxbwxx6, Apr 14, 2018.

1. xxbwxx6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i'm very new to identifying as bisexual, and i seem to have an endless amount of questions and concerns. i always hope to not offend anyone or sound naive, but this is all just my true thoughts.
    • since beginning to come out, i've read about how bisexual people receive a lot of backlash or have it harder finding a partner because, for example, if i'm a bisexual and have been with men, some women might be turned off because i've been with a man? i have found it difficult to find matches on dating apps and such, but i obviously can't know if this is what turns them away.
    • why do people always assume we'll either be disloyal / unfaithful, or that we automatically are interested in threesomes?
    • i'm feeling as though being a femme bisexual, it's practically impossible to find other femme bi/lesbians who are looking for the same thing rather than someone more masculine.
    • this isn't really a stigma, but i suck at flirting with girls??? i was so comfortable doing so with men but i get so nervous with girls, mostly because as a female talking to men, they make most of the moves which is stereotypical but a very comfortable thing for me compared to this.

2. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) That some lesbians don't want to date bisexuals is definitely true.
    2) Biphobia/stereotypes, the thought you can only be bisexual if you date a man and a woman at the same time, because you know your sexual orientation depends on who you date right? (of course it doesn't but lots of people think that!)
    3 and 4 I don't really have an answer to.

3. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    1. I wonder if many bi women will put lesbian down instead of bi as their own profile...
    It might be the same with bi men on apps. I don't know. Maybe women don't go for bi men... Again I don't know... And maybe bi men will often call themselves gay on apps when looking for a man... I don't know.
    2. I have no idea why they'd assume that.
    3. Maybe a dating site would be more suitable for you than an app... You could give more clarity on there.
    4. Keep flirting in the same way you do with guys. Persist.