1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender fluidity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by O_Negative, Sep 24, 2012.

1. O_Negative

Hello...I posted about this before but I will be more concise here. I am currently questioning gender identity and I lean towards gender fluidity, and I would like, if possible, to talk to someone or a few people who identify as gender fluid? I hope that isn't a strange request...I am trying to figure things out in my head and talking to someone who is pretty solid in their gender identity in the direction I am leaning might be able to give me some insight? I hope?

Anyone here gender fluid?

~NI

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not gender fluid, but if you want to talk you can talk to me. I usually feel like a mix of genders at once..if that makes sense.

3. O_Negative

Thank you, I do appreciate that.
    It makes sense enough XD...I have honestly never heard of "pangender"! There are so many different terms its ridiculous :confused:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There really are a ton of different terms.. it's kind of crazy how many different terms exist.

5. O_Negative

*Shrug* better too many than not enough. I look at it this way...maybe some day there will be SO MANY TERMS that people will just say eff it and just call everyone human. :grin:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess that it is better to have too many terms. It would suck to not have enough. I hope that someday people just won't care about terms too. Then again, we're human, so most people obsess over labels.. so, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

7. O_Negative

Yeah. Its a nice thought though =)...Personally, I wouldn't bother (youve seen me trying to figure things out) but if I am ever to be able to explain things to, for instance, my parents (wow thats a nerve-wracking thought o.o), I need someplace to start. Pretty sure thats a big one for people...needing a place to start.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it really is. It would be really hard to explain to somebody what you are without a label.. Still they can be a bit annoying though. Especially when you are trying to figure out where you fit in..

9. O_Negative

True dat! =P...I like the cat in your sig by the way :3

10. stephaniesbaby

i think im genderfluid, but i am not sure either. so sounds like we are in the same boat. we can talk if you like? :slight_smile:

11. O_Negative

Hello! Yeah sure...maybe we can figure our heads out together yes? I like your avatar =)

12. Hot Pink

I'm not gender fluid, but I am gender role fluid. What's the difference?

Gender fluid means that you slide up and down the gender spectrum depending on the day or even just the time. You can feel male one moment than feel like a girl the next. I think that's right. I dunno, I just feel like a girl all the time.

Being fluid in gender roles means that you don't feel necessarily attached to male or female gender roles. Gender roles are a social construct while gender is what you identify as. They are two different things. For instance, some days I'll wake up and wear baggy guy clothes and that's fine and the next I'll wear a super girly frilly top with a skirt. This also expands into how I act and present myself. It depends on how I feel. It's weird.

13. O_Negative

Nah I figure everyone is different. That is an interesting concept. Thanks for the input =)

14. stephaniesbaby

sounds good to me! :slight_smile: and thanks!