1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay men and Emo's?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, May 25, 2013.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Because any man who can pull off tight jeans and guyliner is alright in my book. :3 And girls, none too picky quite obviously.

2. Alexander69

Well aren't you classy doll..... No actually I never told everyone to go "explain all your attractions to me you must!" No actually I was curious as to why a MAJORITY of gay men have an attraction to Emo's plain and simple stop trying to make me out to be the bad guy here. As for the men on jersey shore, I do find some sexually attractive their accent their bodies and they seem to have fun! Do I love class yes but I could fall for a guy the complete opposite

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I think emos are attractive. Some of them are even classy.

Whereas I think the people on Jersey Shore are hideous, and the epitome of
    déclassé.

But for some reason you think your opinion is the only one that matters, you insult emo people and claim they are "angry" and "scary", and if you personally don't find them attractive that means they somehow lack class.

Stop using "classy" as a synonym for what you personally prefer; just because you aren't attracted to someone doesn't mean they lack class.

4. GayJay

Okay so i'm straight like 99 percent of the time. But emo guys are really cute!
    It's the group i fit into most but i'm definitely not as into it as friends are. And emo girls are my thing, but i don't know how people can say emo guys aren't attractive

Like it's just their long hair is cute, and there normally thinner which is my thing and have a good dress sense, piercings look attractive anyway so if they have them i'll be happy

And we would probably be into the same things, like in general and sexually, as i think emo's have slightly more dominant for lack of a better word, fetishes.
    They must be really attractive if a straight guy can say this, even though i would never admit it out loud to anyone

Oh and Ollie from Bring me The Horizon (lead singer) is a million times more attractive than Kellin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#64 GayJay, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  5. Willjarvis

You say it as if "attractive" and "scary" are mutually exclusive. Even so, I can't imagine a group of emo thugs who'll beat you up for looking at them the wrong way.

6. MerBear

You do realize "Emo" is an abbreviation for emotional....

It's a stereotype that emo is someone who has there hair in their face, wears skinny jeans and is some person who just complains all the time. At least from what i've heard.

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Then according to that definition I am emo. Cool!

Emos ain't that bad, just take a bit of time to get used to them.

8. ok455

I did not know emos still existed i remember that trend in high school i used to hate them until i became friends with one.

9. Alexander69

Stop trying to make me the bad guy here. if you don't like me so freaking be it but don't make me out to be the bad guy because you personally dislike I may even say hate me. I never once said "my opinion is wayyyy More important than anyone's!" No you say that to try to make you right and you are not. Your like delusional you make things up as you go to make your statements right. Prove that I said "no ones opinion matter" like prove it becuase I never said it

10. Luke Matt

Thanks for the generalisaton.

11. Alexander69

Generalization really

12. MichaelB

If that was a comment about his spelling, then you're wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

generalisation - definition of generalisation by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

American spelling tends to replace 's' with 'z' in ALOT of words, and drop U's out of words (Colour v Color) etc.

He's just using the English variant of spelling which is in no way incorrect, simply a different regional variation from your spelling. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And this is an overreaction.

I'm 99% sure the guy doesn't hate you (how can you form hate over the internet?). What you said, even if it has good intentions, is offensive. You've made an assumption which has lead to prejudice; you have literally stated that all emos are angry, aggressive and take drugs (which is a criminal offense, so you've made the assumption that a group of people are innately more drawn to criminal offenses. Which isn't cool, bro)

I find this whole thread rather ironic. People come here to avoid bashing based on their identity, and yet they're greeted with threads like this. And yeah, I can see that you didn't mean for the thread to come off as offensive, but it has done. Again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If I was you, I would really work on the way I said stuff/proof read shit through to make sure nothing is offensive, because one of your qualities is indirectly insulting people. Let me ask you, would you be offended if I made a thread saying all rich white males are corrupt, bigoted, aggressive and spend all their time snorting cocaine and shooting heroin? And then after stating all these negative things, question how ANYONE could be attracted to them? 'cause I have a feeling would would be bare offended :wink:

#72 MichaelB, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  13. Alexander69

Well that's not true and everyone knows that. Not all rich white males snort cocaine and heroin. That's like totally not the same thing as I wrote. And I don't see anything I have written to be offensive I think very one else is over reacting not me.

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 01:31 AM ----------

I never said emo's do drugs At least I don't think I did if I did w that was stupid of me ill admit and that was wrong! And I never said Emos are agry or mean I said they come off that way to ME I never said they were I said they LOOK there is a difference people

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 01:33 AM ----------

And all I wanted to know was what people are attracted to with Emos is it the style the vibe the lifestyle that's all I wanted to know, and then I said that to ME again ME they look mean ad scare me THAT'S ALL

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well that's not true and everyone knows that. Not all rich white males snort cocaine and heroin. That's like totally not the same thing as I wrote. And I don't see anything I have written to be offensive I think very one else is over reacting not me.

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 01:31 AM ----------

I never said emo's do drugs At least I don't think I did if I did w that was stupid of me ill admit and that was wrong! And I never said Emos are agry or mean I said they come off that way to ME I never said they were I said they LOOK there is a difference people

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 01:33 AM ----------

And all I wanted to know was what people are attracted to with Emos is it the style the vibe the lifestyle that's all I wanted to know, and then I said that to ME again ME they look mean ad scare me THAT'S ALL

Alexander, you press people quite harshly, say offensive things, make over-the-top generalisations, expect everyone to agree with you, and then play the victim and say everyone hates you. They don't. You just need to cool down, think, realise everyone has different tastes, and remember that a)you aren't always right, and b)there isn't always a right or a wrong in the first place.

15. MichaelB

Well, you did say this on the first page... -

But this is a problem, people shouldn't have to justify attractions. Attractions just happen, like, you know... how you're attracted to men and how society judges you for that, when you have no control over it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It's the same with 'emos', people shouldn't have to justify WHY they're attracted to them. They just are.

And, no offense, but your tone in this thread has just been wrong from the moment go. Don't worry, I get that you didn't mean it offensively, but you're making it sound like emos/goths etc are ugly people and should change just because you don't see why they dress that way. And that isn't okay. People can dress however they want, and if you don't like it, then that's your problem and not theirs.

Wouldn't you be offended if I made a thread that described your attributes, and then my whole tone was degrading to the way you look? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Beware Of You

I am somewhat Emo, I just dont have the awesome hair style. But skinny pants, tight band shirts,thick rimmed glasses, guy-eye liner and snakebites..

My boyfriend seems to like it

17. Alexander69

I said like they do drugs not "that they do drugs" there is a diff and I'm not trying to change anyone!!!! OMG no one seems to grasp what I'm trying to ask! GOOD LORD

18. MichaelB

That's still offensive to some though. You're basing all their attitudes, beliefs and behaviours on the way they look, and that's prejudice. Look, here are some of the things you said;

And now reverse the tables. Would you be okay if someone said all those things about you just because of your appearance? I doubt it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And even then, you don't seem to comprehend that everyone is different no matter how they look. I know a few emos and one of them is the nicest, most happy bloke I've ever met haha. I don't know how anyone could be scared of him or assume that's he angry, just because he has bleached black hair with a few piercings. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

On the flip side, there's a huge punk community where I live and again, they're incredibly nice people. They have shaved heads with mohawks (even the girls! xD), piercings and Doc Martens, and I don't I've ever heard them say a bad word about anyone/act aggressive towards anyone. But no doubt, you'd find them scary no? Don't you see how limiting that is, both for you and them? You're basing your social climate on appearance, and that's the definition of superficial.

#78 MichaelB, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  19. Alexander69

Ok well I'm sorry but I've been raised differently, so to me people who look different scare me sorry that I'm honest here. But I'm sure people fear me because I look rude and snobby I get that but I'm ok with it

20. MichaelB

That's understandable but you need to see people as people and not labels.

Your argument is the same that homophobes make. Queer people are different, so they're scared of them and even dislike/hate them. That's a ridiculous stance; instead of being scared of people who are different from you, try and mingle with them and see that they're no different from you. They just enjoy a different fashion sense. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: