1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay men’s social club

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Gay Brett, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The way you are coming out seems like a good one. I’m not sure why it feels so fun to have people know you have sex with men after hiding that you wanted to most of your life but it just does.

I joined some gay meetup groups that don’t hide their members’ names and put my interest on my profile as all gay related ones. It will make me happy if people I know see this. I also enjoy getting emails about gay events and not worrying about them staying on my computer. They act as little reminders that I’m finally coming out and they make happy when they come in. This might sound silly to people who have been out most of their lives but to me it’s kind of a big step.

CatsAndDogs likes this.
  2. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking of joining the gay mens book club. But it starts to early for me to get there and ends so late and I get up before the chickens for work

Gay Brett likes this.
  3. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think moat of these groups would prefer you not to join if you are never going to attend an event of theirs. Hope another one comes along that you could make. :slight_smile:

4. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will find something. I love to read thats why it was my first choice.

Gay Brett likes this.
  5. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the very beginning of acknowledging my homosexuality I didn’t want anyone to know. I knew I was gay but internalized homophobia keep me from being open about it. It was my then BF who helped me open up. He was out and openly very gay so it was unfair to him if I stayed in the closet and we could not be a couple publicly.Now I am proud to openly gay and love that people know unequivocally I am 100% gay and prefer men exclusively as emotional and sexual partners.

#25 Contented, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  6. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would'nt call it a social club but maybe it is. I would love to go to a gay nudist resort for a weekend this summer and if I enjoy it go a few times durning the sumer.

Gay Brett and Contented like this.
  7. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is nice that you wanted to do that for your boyfriend, but I’m not sure I would say it would be unfair if you didn’t. Your comfort level about your sexuality should be equally as important as his. If he felt he needed to be with someone that was totally out that is his right, but that might just mean he needs to find someone else. If you aren’t that person, and there is nothing wrong with someone not being that person.

You being you is no more unfair to him as him being him is to you. I want to be out but can see why others don’t think the same way and I don’t think they should change that for someone else.

I understand you didn’t and aren’t saying this but I believe gay men in love can express this equally living different kinds of lifestyles. Men should feel comfortable having a boyfriend and not think they have to come completely out to do it. Some people are just naturally more private about their life.

To me the love is what we are after more than anything else. I hope gay couples can enjoy this with different levels of wanting to be out. Gay love is beautiful whether it is out or kept more private.

CatsAndDogs likes this.
  8. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you, Robyn it sounds fun. Hope you enjoy it.

9. ShesHalfHuman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is very strange and I feel like I shouldn't be on this chat but sometimes , I feel like a gay man. Or well atleast, I'm sometimes perceived as one. Or, I like to feel like one. It sounds fun to me, it sounds free. I'm also attracted to gay men. Maybe its a past life?

Gender -fluid, nonbinary.... I don't feel a connection with these terms at all. I don't like these terms because it says nothing about me. I've just come to conclusion that by nature, I'm a fluid female being. And I dont mind being perceived as a guy in a relationship . I don't understand the wave length I'm on, but I'm comfortable with whatever it is.

It feels weird saying it outloud.

Contented likes this.