1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay guys with no gay voice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Apr 26, 2015.

1. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was asking the other guys...

2. C P

C P

I guess I take that back then...

3. slakers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been told that I have an excellent voice to go into broadcasting with, which is great since that is my career path. I don't think my voice is too deep/manly but it's by no means the stereotypical voice either.

On another note... I do enjoy listening to myself on the intercom at work when I have to use it. :wink:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a pretty low voice, with very little "lilt" to it. If I'm talking to a large group of gay guys, it sometimes starts to take on a bit of what I like to call "the gay accent". It's a common thing - we tend to subconsciously pick up on the speech of those around us, and alter our speaking accordingly. (It's how accents are picked up and lost.)

Lex

5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have kind of a soft effeminate voice, but I'm hoping it will deepen at some point -_- I don't think it's because I'm gay though.

I've heard a lot of gay guys with the gay lisp, including ones who deny having it. I don't know there it comes from. I think it is a subconscious thing. I don't think guys with the "gay lisp" realize they're speaking that way. There's no biological reason for it.

6. tscott

No! I may be a 1st tenor with a higher voice, but I don't sound gay, not in that Truman Capote, feminine way.

7. Theo Weiss

For only being fourteen I have been told my voice is quite deep. I tend to try to sound sophisticated, so you're more than likely to never hear a stereotypical gay voice from me.

8. C P

C P

Not saying that this is your reason obviously, but I do wish that more guys with this kinda voice didn't get so much crap for it.

I remember talking to this one guy a ways back online and it eventually got around to texting because we wanted to stay in touch offline. He really hesitated to talk on the phone though. Why? Because he was really afraid that I would stop talking to him because of him having a really feminine(-toned) voice, which had happened to him countless times before.

It really saddens me that someone as decent as he was c/would be put into a state of paranoia over something like this. You could tell he was super relieved to find out that I found it cute or, dare I say, adorable instead.

9. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

My voice is quite deep but I will sometimes say "hiya" just for a joke.